SageTV V6.1.3 Release Candidate is Available!!
Thats right folks, Sage has a new release out that is aimed at squashing a huge amount of bugs. For those of you not in the know, Sage is a media center program that operates on Windows, Linux and has a placeshifting client for Mac. It is widley considered to have the best PVR features of the commercial programs and has a very strong server/client structure (placeshifting as well). Full Release notes after the break.
Lots of Bug Fixes
New Logo + UI Enhancements
DVB-T/QAM on Linux
New Cards: Hauppauge HVR-1600 (supports dual
ATSC + NTSC) & HVR-950; VistView Saber 2020
Windows Placeshifter client
remote control support (MCE, IRMan, USB-UIRT, Windows Messages, Multimedia
keyboards) (this one's for you Mikal )
SageTV V6.1.3 Release Notes 2/15/2007 RELEASE CANDIDATE 3
1. Added ATI decoders to DShow decoders list
1. Added EPG data scanning support on Linux for
1. Prevent non-repeating keys from repeating
when using the RC5 infrared optimization
2. Synchronize time reading (fix
problem in dvd still screens)
3. Bug fix for when doing a fast file switch
with the extender the audio stream wasn't set correctly
Changed media browser view names to use the same size font to prevent having to
load many different font sizes.
2. Applied new transparent background to all
buttons that previously were outlined when not highlighted.
V6.1.2 Release Notes 2/13/2007 RELEASE CANDIDATE 2
Fixed regression bug caused by last bug fix for async Fav issues that would
cause all favorite & IR recordings to stop
2. Fixed regression bug where
the channel lineups were not initially loaded on the client
regression bug where the display would power off while the user was watching
4. Fixed bug where some RSS Enclsures didn't parse the duration
1. Fixed regression bug of timing issues in
playback of previously recorded HD content
Online Services Menu. Used 3×5 array of choices for YouTube & Google Videos.
Used new background for non-selected online video options. Removed item numbers
from lists of online videos.
2. Modified YouTube & Google Video menu
layouts for single line text all at roughly the same size & changed order of
3. When setting or clearing MR for an airing, close dialog first
so the options don't appear to change as the MR status is being updated by the
4. Display "Tuning into…" pop-up message when starting playback of a
TV show that is currently airing, since it can take a little while for the
recording to start so playback can begin.
5. Channel Setup: use a 'waiting'
type of dialog when channel scanning is initializing.
6. Fixed use of wrong
variable name in animation of music thumb list in Artist/Genre/Year
SageTV V6.1.1 Release Notes 2/9/2007 RELEASE
1. Added persistence for Airing objects
that were linked to completed TV recordings. They will now remain in the DB
forever. To clear them out; set the property
CaptureDevice merit sorting so that when merit is equal the device that has the
higher quality input will be chosen first.
3. Fixed bug where a newly added
Favorite may not get recorded because the profiler does an async update which
clobbers the Favorite airing data (normally it would restart but we had added
something to stop that if it kept restarting…now that's been adjusted to work
in this case as well)
4. When playing back a DVD with the NVidia decoder,
automatically insert the NVidia postprocessor unless another PP is specified or
the property videoframe/use_nvidia_pp_when_decoder_selected is set to
5. Fixed bug where channels that had a subchannel number greater than
10 didn't get properly sorter by subchannel number
6. Fixed bug where old
channels that weren't mapped to anything stuck around in digital TV
7. Fixed IR repeat timing issue
8. Disabled multipass encoding for
PSP & iPod conversions
9. Fixed DVD AC3 encoding so that it doesn't use
5.1 channels unless the source material also has 5.1 channels
of TS files now go through the remuxer instead of the transcoder
optimized video thumbnail generation so it won't take 'black frames' of video
and will try to find a 'good' thumbnail
12. Added extra check when doing
MediaFile verification where we don't fail if the file is not zero length and
13. Fixed bug where the file path index in the DB got broken
when files were removed
14. Fixed bug where the timeline for a file would be
messed up if it was converted & replaced but with different times
Added support for asynchronous loading of URL based images
16. Fixed bug
where an unwatched favorite can get deleted before a watched recording if the
system was very low on diskspace.
17. Fixed bug that occassionaly caused
SageTV to hang for 30 second when shutting down
18. Fixed bug where converted
files that were placed in an import directory got imported in addition to their
TV metdata linking
19. Fixed bug where the wrong duration was shown sometimes
during playback of non-DVD content
20. If there's no Wiz.bin file, but there
is a Wiz.bak file; be sure to load the backup file instead of creating a new
21. Recording of DVB/ATSC/QAM will now generate more compliant Program
Stream files (the previous ones generated were missing some fields that some
22. When scanning for QAM channels; don't list any
23. Fixed bugs related to transcoding of HDTV
files (there may still be issues with recordings that have been made before
V6.1; we will release a tool to repair those recordings in the near
24. Added support for parsing comments from an Ogg-Vorbis
1. Use Program Stream as the default recording
format for digital TV on all platforms
2. Fixed error printouts for eval
errors so the expression gets dumped to the log as well
3. Fixed bug where
the broadcast standard wasn't getting set for DVB capture devices on Linux
Fixed OpenGL video rendering code so that it also takes into account the source
rectangle for the video (not just the destination rectangle).
5. DVB-T is now
fully supported on Linux
6. ClearQAM is functional on Linux but still
1. Fixed bug where we didn't
properly clean up FSE when it was shutdown
2. Set a max limit on D3D VRAM
usage to be 120MB.
3. Added more cleanup calls so that when we drop out of
FSE or have to destroy the rendering engine everything comes back correctly.
There was a repro case where locking the screen would cause the 3D system to
fail and not recover. This fix solves that problem.
4. Fixed bug where
disabling overlay color keying caused SageTVPlayer to hide video even when using
5. Fixed support for .tivo imported media files on Windows
Fixed bug where SageTV would hang if awoken from the system tray with a double
mouse click and video background always on is enabled
7. Optimized detection
of current screen bounds which is used to calculate PAR. This should eliminate
some of the pauses/stuttering that happen in the UI because it'll no longer be
enumerating all of the displays on every image render and every VMR9
8. Added support for VistView Saber 2020
9. Added support for
Hauppauge WinTv-HVR 1600 (can act as an ATSC + NTSC tuner that supports both
inputs at once!)
10. Disabled secondary copy of video texture unless it's
required to do the BLT (major performance increase for VMR9)
1. Fixed OpenGL video rendering code so that it also takes into
account the source rectangle for the video (not just the destination
1. Updates to add support for
infrared receive in the Windows Placeshifter client
2. Increased buffer size
used to push data to the extender/placeshifter
3. Added support for integer
coordinate rendering. This'll fix floating point rounding errors that would
occur in the Placeshifter & Extender.
4. Fixed bug in localhost
placeshifter license detection so it doesn't count the localhost as a license in
5. Fixed bug where we were using premultiplied alpha for sending images
to the placeshifter when it was in LAN mode
6. Updated server discovery
process so it updates the list in realtime rather than waiting for the whole
discovery to timeout
7. Added version information to the About tab in the
1. Added support for integer
coordinate rendering. This'll fix floating point rounding errors that would
occur in the Placeshifter & Extender.
2. Fixed bug where FF/REW play
would sometimes continue onto next media file when the last one ended with it
3. Performance enhancemnts; should be faster.
usage of RC5 remote controls so they're much more responsive
1. Fixed bug where the Studio allowed loading of menus while the
debugger was paused (now it resumes)
2. Retain multiple selections when doing
a Refresh in the SageTV Studio
3. Fixed bug where the Studio could be closed
while it was stopped on a breakpoint (now it resumes and disables stopping while
4. Fixed bug where ensureVisiblityForVariable wouldn't always
work on non-wrapped tables
5. Fixed bugs where horizontal scrolling and
hor/vert scrolling didn't work correctly
6. Added support for dynamically
changing the H & V alignment of image widgets
7. Added Configuration API
GetServerSubpropertiesThatAreBranches, RemoveServerProperty and
8. Added Global API calls: IsLinuxOS and
1. Added YouTube Video menu – NOTE: This is
2. New Logo!
3. Channel Setup: station remapping
dialog will remember its sort setting, if it has been set in the remapping
dialog. Otherwise, it will sort the same way as current setting for the list of
4. Channel Setup: After remapping a station to the highlighted
channel, enable visibility of the remapped channel if the highlighted channel
was enabled originally.
5. Added error dialog if google video download failed
after calling StartFileDownload()
6. Google Video Search Results now displays
in a 4 col x 2 row format & shows the google video thumb for each
7. If an imported video or google video has a description, show it as
part of the playback OSD.
8. Google Video Search Results: Right listener no
longer acts as video selection. Full width of area at the top is used for video
info unless it is used as the preview window for a playing video.
setting sort direction for photo browser.
10. Conflict Resolution Options:
Disabled vertical wrap scrolling in grid. Make sure conflict airing is visible
in the grid after entering the menu.
11. Default screen saver style is a
photo slideshow. If there fewer than 2 imported photos, the logo will be used
12. The imported media browser items that are in focus will
transition their thumbnails to rotate through the contents of the browser item
when multiple thumbs are available.
13. Music folder view: when using Play on
a folder w/no songs in that folder, don't show the pop-up message that says
songs were added to the Now Playing playlist.
14. Fixed the Clear button on
search screens so that it clears all input correctly on all types of SageTV
15. Photo Viewer: modified menu layout & added "More Options"
area that auto-expands when focus switches to it.
16. Changed animated dots
to rotating circle for "please wait" animation in some dialogs.
Setup: During a channel scan, added a line that lists the number of channels
found so far.
18. Playback: Entire bottom portion of OSD is now shown when
using FF & other commands that affect the timeline.
19. Modified the
clock display to show day of week + current time.
20. Photo viewer: Added
mouse listeners to the tip text, so clicking on the tip text does what it says.
Narrowed the semi-transparent buttons slightly. After closing the Info and
Rotate options, return to menu w/last-selected button still highlighted.
Video conversion: fixed use of start & duration times when the converted
video will replace the original.
22. Disabled loading the Placeshifter login
STV as the current STV, or importing it.
23. Added scroll bars for all
vertical scroll areas.
24. Added temporary pop-up message when adding a music
item to any playlist, to provide confirmation that the music was added. Display
time is controlled by the "music/add_to_play_info_time" property, default is 1
25. Photo slideshow screen saver: image placement is random.
Updated "TV Shows Editorials" menu to new style w/some editorial info on the
button. Also modified the "TV Show Highlight" screen to use the series info
image if there is no editorial image.
27. Detailed Setup: changed right-side
display when "Setup Menu" option is highlighted so that the last-used section
above that button wouldn't continue to have the active section highlight.
Overscan adjustments: added Page Up/Down/Left/Right as commands to adjust the
screen using a larger increment.
29. Aspect Ratio adjustment: added Page
Left/Right listeners to adjust the aspect ratio using a larger increment.
Photo Viewer: Changed photo rotation menu to semi-transparent style and added
ability to use left/right/ff/rew as commands to rotate/flip the image.
Improved Play command consistency in Recordings menu and Video browser — If a
video is currently playing (not paused) & the Play command is used while
highlighting that video, it will jump to the playback screen. If Play is used
while a video is playing and a different video is highlighted, or the viedo is
paused, it acts as the Play command to unpause playback. If no video is playing,
the highlighted video is started.
32. Music browser: The Play command now
adds the current music item to the currently playing music playlist, not just
the Now Playing queue. Also added "Add to Current Playlist" to the pop-up music