MythTV Reloaded – Day 11
Welcome back to another exciting entry into what should have been a well planned out and straight forward upgrade from MythTV 0.21 to MythTV 0.24. Here’s a recap:
1) Upgraded the backend
2) “Upgraded” the frontend
3) Got MythTV working on Windows
4) Performed integration testing
5) Failed integration testing – Frontend no workey. X-Windows doesn’t load, then no remote
At this point I was faced with a decision – get a different IR receiver or load a new OS. I decided to go with an OS upgrade. This time around I went with Fedora 15 x64, primarily because it is the most recent version of Fedora that I already had downloaded. Installation was very straight forward following procedures previously mentioned. As it turns out, the kernel used in this version is 22.214.171.124-rc1.fc15.x86_64 so this gets me to the 2.6.38+ that I apparently need to get my remote working. I didn’t get so far as to test it out tonight but I did get Fedora loaded, MythTV installed and the graphics driver loaded. Tomorrow I will verify that what I have so far is working and then dig into the remote some more. Until then, have a good day/night depending on when you are reading this.