Comcast Remote 30 Second Skip
If you are the lucky owner of a Comcast Motorola DCT3412 box, there is a hack available online to program your remote for a 30 second skip for commercials. Its a pretty simple hack that will have you in commercial skip heaven in no time.
From the article:
- Choose an unused or unneeded button on the “silver” remote to be the
30-second skip command. I used my “A-lock” button, and in retrospect (with two
kids) that’s probably not the best choice, but I wanted it near the other DVR
controls. Other choices are the PIP buttons at the bottom, (maybe there’s a hack
for those too?) or the “help” button (there’s no help either).
- Press the “Cable” button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the “Cable” button blinks twice.
- Type in the code 994. The “Cable” button will blink twice.
- Press (do not hold) the “Setup” button.
- Type in the code 00173.
- Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to.