XBMC Bug-fix Release: 10.1 (Dharma)
An update for the current stable release (10.0 Dharma) has been released. It is recommended that users update to 10.1 as it fixes a number of bugs and improves stability.
The main focus of this release is to address a bug that could cause XBMC to freeze when updating a skin. We have held back skin updates from the main repository because of this, but now that it is fixed, they will begin rolling out in a few weeks.
This is intended as a bug-fix release only, no new features have been introduced. Notable fixes include:
- If an in-use skin was updated in Windows, XBMC would freeze
- Some RTMP streams in Windows did not play
- Included add-ons have been updated
- The correct referrer is now used for downloading add-ons, improving dependency statistics
- Crashes during playback on ATI hardware in some circumstances have been fixed
- Hardware decoding improvements for OSX
- Various small fixes