Media Browser 2.3.1 “Titan” is Officially Released
It came later than expected, but the latest version of Media Browser has been released. We posted a little bit about this new 2.3.1 version, codenamed “Titan”, a couple of weeks ago when the Media Browser team first announced the new Media Browser Store. The Media Browser Store has actually been up and running for several days now, but some purchases could not be registered with Media Browser until Titan was released. The new release comes with a variety of bug fixes, changes to the plug-in management screen in the configurator software, and adjustments to the Media Browser Service that launched with the 2.3 “Draco” release. Some of these changes make proper upgrading important, so the Media Browser team is strongly encouraging users to check the changelog for instructions.
This version has lots of bug fixes and other polish work and should have even more performance improvements. Some highlights:
- Item paths are no longer subject to case sensitivity. This means that things like shared playstates and shortcuts to items should sync up properly now.
- Logging is now enabled by default, you can change the level of severity of messages that are logged and logfiles are cleaned out periodically (default 30 days).
- Lots of changes and improvements surrounding the mediainfo provider. It should no longer cause the refresh process to hang up, will now support analyzing folder rips of both DVDs and BDs (service only), and should just generally play a bit nicer with the system.
- Better organization and display of plug-ins in the configurator
- Direct entry points should now work properly with our single instance functionality.
- Plug-in added collections (like music and trailers) should now refresh properly in the service
- Items blocked by parental controls should now also refresh properly in the service.
Media Browser Community Tracker
This app gets better and
This app gets better and better at such a fast pace.