Contest – Amulet Devices Voice Remote Control
Thanks for participating, this contest has ENDED!!
We once again have a great prize to give away. Please note, we’ve modified the entries a little bit, so please read carefully how to enter below!
This time up, courtesy of the fine folks at Amulet Devices, their Voice Enabled Remote Control for Windows Media Center!
With an MSRP of $149 and continuing to have their software improved, Amulet Devices have developed the best way to control your Windows Media Center HTPC–simply pick up the remote, speak the command and voila!
We took an in-depth look at the Amulet Devices Remote Control and really loved how easy it was to use.
In exchange of extreme universal devices functionality and a touch screen Amulet provide you instead with voice controls to help you navigate–basically what touch screen buttons would do anyways. The big key here is whether the programmable buttons on the Amulet device are sufficient for your needs. In my case my setup was simple–a TV, AVR, HTPC and Xbox360…the Amulet will more than satisfy the universal needs while also providing me the ever crowd pleasing voice commands. Honestly, I could even see music aficionado opting to own both a universal remote like the Harmony and purchasing the Amulet if only for its dominance with managing music libraries.
HOW TO ENTER
We have made some changes, so please READ all the rules.
To change things up, we’ve also added several other methods to increase your chances of winning by adding more entries possible.
- Respond to this thread with one of the following to be considered in our future podcasts:
A. Topic of the Month
B. Ask the Panel Question
C. Poll of the Month
(You may also +1 someone else’s entry – just quote the entry and add +1)
(1 entry) MANDATORY
- Create a legitimate forum thread (1 entry)
- Reply to a forum thread or article post (1 entry for every 3 posts)
- Twitter Users (1 entry)
- Follow us at Twitter @MissingRemote
- Tweet the following:
USERNAME wants to win Amulet Voice Remote from @MissingRemote http://bit.ly/mramulet2
- Make sure you replace “USERNAME” with YOUR MissingRemote.com username!
- Facebook Users (1 entry)
- Visit our Facebook Fan Page and click the “Like MissingRemote” button at the top of the fan page (if you don’t see it, that means you’re already a fan!)
- And reply to the question on our Wall for this particular contest, with your MissingRemote username
Good luck everyone
Entries will be accepted from 1:30PM PDT on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 through 11:59PM PDT on Saturday, April 16, 2011 . Winner will be selected by April 25, 2011.
- This contest is unfortunately only available to US residents in one of the 50 states. Sorry to our international readers, but we are looking into expanding our prize packages in the future.
- You are only allowed to enter using each method one account. Multiple account entries will disqualify you.
- Must be a registered user to be eligible to win (remember, if you are entering additional entries when applicable via Twitter/Facebook you must mention your MissingRemote username in that entry)
- Editors and staff, and associated family of staff are not eligible to win
- Each prize may have its own rules for eligibility established by Product Sponsors, please read the directions carefully
- Users may reply to this thread as many times as desired, but only one post will be counted towards the drawing
- Winners will be notified via e-mail, as well as posted in a news post on the home page of MissingRemote.com; Failure to respond within 72 hours will result in a forfeit of prize and the prize will be re-drawn
- Most prizes will be shipped to winners via either USPS Priority Mail or Fedex Ground and tracking numbers will be provided. It is the recipient’s responsibility to coordinate receipt of item.
- Some prizes will be shipped to winners directly from Product Sponsor–tracking will still be provided to those as well
- Prize packages are in excellent condition and have not been used outside of for review purposes and are delivered in AS-IS condition
- Any attempt to circumvent contest rules will cause ineligibility for user