Naylia

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Suggestions for Video Card (PCIe 1.0?) #28512

    I have a 5570 that is absolutely great, even letting me get away with some nice gaming at 720p. It’s a silenced low-profile 5570 that I have been using for about the last month. But I have been considering moving back to a full height case and getting a 5770 and just sucking it up and dealing with the fan. Depending on your time frame I’d probably be looking to sell the 5570 and could do a deal on it and match the price of that 8400GS.

    in reply to: For Sale – SageTV HD Theater 200 (HD 200) #28155

    Yeah, I went back and just cleaned that up 🙂

    in reply to: For Sale – SageTV HD Theater 200 (HD 200) #28153

    Price Drop! Now $79!

    in reply to: October 5th Blu-ray Releases #28265

    Yeah, I noticed that in a commercial last night…and I was like “doh!”. I’m going to continue to pretend the remake doesn’t exist.

    in reply to: Primary HTPC Software Results and New Poll! #28253

    [quote=”SikSlayer”]
    I came back to this thread after how many hours its been since I posted, and so its been on my mind what I said, and just I want to say I don’t think the poll was biased in any way, or was it intended to get a certain outcome. All I’m saying is that a good number of Sage users come to this site, as its one of the few that I know of that continually posts Sage-related news.

    On the contrary, if this poll was on Engadget, it’d be much different. I’d say XBMC/Plex/Boxee would do much better, probably than 7MC.

    In all, I think I could have used better words to get across my meaning. I’m not trying to imply any intended bias.
    [/quote]

    No, no, that’s not what I was getting at. I didn’t think you were trying to imply that we were biased. I just found it interesting because we don’t often get folks commenting on what the site/community feel is overall.

    in reply to: October 5th Blu-ray Releases #28261

    I have The Karate Kid on Blu-ray – how can that be being released this week….maybe a slightly different set of bonus features?

    in reply to: Primary HTPC Software Results and New Poll! #28230

    With 400 votes we probably have a better representation of the HTPC community than most “official” newspaper polling of the general public. Who wants to do the math on the +/- %.

    in reply to: Primary HTPC Software Results and New Poll! #28228

    I’m intrigued by the fact that you consider us Sage centric. At least half if not more of the editors (including the boss) are on W7.

    in reply to: Surge Protector for TV? #27955

    I just put in a APC Home Theater power conditioning unit. It’s cool, but probably overkill.

    in reply to: Crossfire or SLI HTPC? #27932

    Sexy. Love the heatsink.

    in reply to: Final Fantasy XIV – Anyone Playing? #27926

    Yeah, GW2 is on my radar. I played GW1 to the end game. But I don’t expect to see that for at least another year.

    in reply to: Crossfire or SLI HTPC? #27930

    Artic Cooling style! I remember modding one of those onto my 9800 Pro.

    in reply to: Crossfire or SLI HTPC? #27928

    Yeah, I’m not planning on doing a multi-monitor setup. Just more the idea of using multiple fan-less graphics cards to get the performance of a single more powerful card while still maintaining the original goals of the HTPC.

    in reply to: Replacement for MSI NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT #27920

    I like my HIS low profile fanless Radeon 5570 – $74 from Newegg. Bitstreaming, and games look pretty solid – although I still need to tweak my game settings and do some fps testing at different settings.

    in reply to: NVIDIA Joins the HD Audio Bitstreaming Club #27905

    I know…having bitstreaming in the high end cards does not make a lot of sense for the HTPC market.

    Much better to be included on a low-mid range low profile fanless card.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)