Naylia

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Motorola Remote #27853

    Because Motorola’s customer is the Cable Co. And the Cable Co does not see the value proposition in it. If they, the Cable Co, can’t increase rates or charge an extra line item on your bill for it then why would they bother to adopt it.

    in reply to: Shutoff your HTPC when not in use! #27856

    S3 is on my list of To Do’s…

    in reply to: How to upload and edit YouTube videos #27831

    Actually, I’ve been wondering if my dog is cute enough to drive some ad revenue into my pocket via YouTube videos. I have a couple good ones from when he was a puppy. Maybe we should have kept the spam 🙂

    in reply to: Help! Washed Out Picture When Watching Video #27833

    I split this because I believe you’re not the only one to experience this issue so it may be useful to have the problem solving documented where people can find it.

    Does this happen using all software applications? Are you using anything where you can choose a different renderer (Overlay, VMR9, EVR)? Have you tried ddifferent driver versions? I thought I saw someone mention that Cat 10.5 was the last really good release for HTPC use.

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27545

    Yeah, I don’t see anything low profile either with DDR5

    in reply to: How to upload and edit YouTube videos #27828

    Mmmm….tasty spam

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27543

    Yeah, the 5570 was pretty much toward the bottom of what is acceptable in a 5000 series card but should be fine for 1280×720.

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27541

    Yup, gonna give FF XIV a spin.

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27539

    [quote=”Mast3rL33″]
    So by bitstreaming you mean you can get full HD Audio off of the HDMI? Instead of having to purchase a Xonar? [/quote]

    Yes, all of the Radeon 5000 series are capable of passing Dolby TrueHD and DTS-Master HD to an AVR that supports decoding those formats.

    [quote=”Mast3rL33″]Please do let us know how it performs.[/quote]

    I guess I should review it. Hadn’t actually occurred to me. I was excited about doing a little gaming again 🙂

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27536

    Yes, it will work just fine. I just hope you don’t need to use the slot next to it 🙂

    I just ordered the [url=http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-548.shtml]HIS HD 5570 Silence[/url] card. It was the fastest low profile card I could find. Planning on trying out FF XIV.

    [img width=350 height=269]http://xtreview.com/images/HIS%20radeon%20HD%205570%20Silence%201.jpg[/img]

    Problem is, now that I will have a card that supports bit-streaming HD audio via HDMI, I am going to be very tempted to pick up that new AVR I was trying to avoid buying.

    There’s a [url=http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1224697]giant thread[/url] over at AVSForums troubleshooting issues. Most of them seem to be now resolved as the drivers have matured.

    in reply to: looking for video card with best HDMI picture #27533

    Are they separate DVI and HDMI ports on the TV? If so, the TV broadcasts to the video card which resolutions are supported. When connected via DVI or VGA, most TV manufacturers consider this a PC input and they configure it to offer many resolutions. But when you switch to HDMI, the manufacturers consider this a Consumer Electronics connection, and usually stick to only 4 or 5 standard options (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) and that’s it.

    in reply to: Poll: Unboxing – Videos or Photos? #27764

    I think we can put this one to rest….

    12 – 0 => Photos are a winner

    in reply to: Poll: Unboxing – Videos or Photos? #27760

    Someone should tell engadget 🙂

    in reply to: New Apple TV #27740

    I would phrase it more as that it is aimed at your average consumer…one who doesn’t want to think about it, they just want a product that works, especially those consumers that already purchase media through iTunes.

    in reply to: Poll: Unboxing – Videos or Photos? #27756

    Well, I would probably combine a video unboxing of everything with closeup photos of the devices/components. But I’m not going to shoot video of taking everything out of the box and also take lots of pictures of packaging.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)