NVIDIA Joins the HD Audio Bitstreaming Club

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground NVIDIA Joins the HD Audio Bitstreaming Club

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

Original Article Link

babgvant mentioned that the NVIDIA GeForce 430\450 should also have HD Audio bitstreaming support and that the word on the forums is that they are due out this year.

For those looking to update their current HTPC with 3D HDTV support sounds like a few new options await.

The 450 is already available on Newegg but based on recent reviews (gaming benchmarks), if you can, it might be worth waiting until October when the new AMD HD6xxx cards are released which should support 3D.

wow.  the cheapest GTX 460 on newegg is $170.  That’s a hard sell compared to a $50 HD5XXX card.

I know…having bitstreaming in the high end cards does not make a lot of sense for the HTPC market.

Much better to be included on a low-mid range low profile fanless card.

mikinho
      Participant

Hopefully the GTS 430 is released this month as expected and it is in the same (low) price range as the HD5XXX series.

[quote=”flips”]
        wow.  the cheapest GTX 460 on newegg is $170.  That’s a hard sell compared to a $50 HD5XXX card.
        [/quote]

Or the the integrated GPU in the Clarksdale i3.

But the use for an HTPC with a card with the power of a GTX 460 is for gaming. An i3, combined with a 460 or similar card, would do very well with most current PC games, even Crysis. Most these newer non-Atom HTPC machines would be fine for gaming if they just had a proper GPU.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.