jennyfur

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Xbox used for games only 60 percent of the time #29020
    jennyfur
    Participant

      I use Netflix, Last.fm and media center so much that my gaming pales in comparison. And I actually game a decent amount!

      in reply to: Video tour: Xbox 360 Fall 2010 Dashboard update #28152
      jennyfur
      Participant

        [quote=”Skirge01″]
        Kinect?  Really?  I’m highly interested in both Kinect and Move, but I’m waiting to see how the games shake out first.  While people who have tried Kinect are impressed with the technology, the games are pretty much on rails, which usually doesn’t make for a very good experience and leads to boredom rather quickly.
        [/quote]

        Yeah I agree that there’s no killer games out yet, which is why I said “[i]if[/i] I can find a decent deal”. I blew it back when MS had those $50 off $100 coupons. Trying to decide if I should jump on the kmart or toys r us deal now, or wait and see if any good black friday stuff pops up. Really the only two games I think are worth bothering with at the moment are kinectimals (if you’ve got kids, which I don’t) or Dance Central. Those two also seem to be getting the best online reviews out of the launch lineup. Luckily kinect has a little bit more usefulness than just the gaming part since it adds voice/gesture control. Beyond the voice/gesture control the only things I’d want it for anyway are exercise games and stupid party games — in other words a replacement for the Wii.

        in reply to: November 2nd Blu-ray Releases #28868
        jennyfur
        Participant

          Yeah, I’d say the difference was that Toy Story 3 was… darker. Can’t really describe it either. But Andy growing up and the toys getting thrown out was kinda depressing. That day care place with the other lost toys was even more depressing, tossed in with a little evil. I enjoyed it though. I originally had no interest at all in seeing it, the only reason I did was because there was nothing else worth watching in theaters that weekend while I was on vacation with my parents. Well at least worth watching with one’s parents that is.

          in reply to: Video tour: Xbox 360 Fall 2010 Dashboard update #28149
          jennyfur
          Participant

            Me likey ESPN.
            So much better than through PlayOn.
            Now if only xbox would catch up to PS3 and get an mlb.tv app I’d be set. As it is I stick to the dashboard for Netflix now, only switching over to the extender for TV or music. And I don’t listen to much of my own music since I’m usually just playing Last.fm

            Gonna get kinect if I can find a decent deal.

            jennyfur
            Participant

              [quote=”Skirge01″]
              Have one in the NY area and I’ll definitely be there.
              [/quote]

              Now that would be a much more reasonable drive for me 🙂

              in reply to: Full Seasons Ordered for Five CBS Hits #28657
              jennyfur
              Participant

                [quote=”Mast3rL33″]
                [quote=”Skirge01″]
                In other words, we’re all attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.
                [/quote]

                So I watched that episode this weekend, and now the comment is even funnier.  ;D
                [/quote]

                I watched that episode Monday and just reread this thread today and got it. Hehe.

                in reply to: Netflix Streaming Only Plans?! #28716
                jennyfur
                Participant

                  I’m far too impatient to be waiting several minutes for something to load/buffer. I can’t imagine how you’ve done it all this time! Thankfully Netflix starts movies in a few seconds for me (using xbox, the plugins I was using through the extender just weren’t as good).

                  in reply to: Full Seasons Ordered for Five CBS Hits #28654
                  jennyfur
                  Participant

                    [quote=”captain_video”]
                    The show was a major letdown after seeing what Shatner could do on Boston Legal. 
                    [/quote]
                    QFT. In fact I can’t quote this enough. Wow. Seriously, his performance of Denny Crane was phenomenal and I just automatically assumed any similar character would be equally as amusing (yeah I know, one should never assume). Talk about being dead wrong. I watched the first two episodes, recorded maybe 2 more I haven’t bothered watching yet, and then took it off my scheduled recordings for good.

                    I caught the defenders premiere by accident, and actually enjoyed it. After watching one more it got added to my scheduled recordings, something that normally never happens after a season starts.

                    in reply to: GeekTonic`s Ultimate Fall TV Guide #27687
                    jennyfur
                    Participant

                      [quote=”Skirge01″]
                      I just read that Starz is [url=http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2010/10/04/5229244-starz-to-recast-for-spartacus]recasting the role[/url] of Spartacus.  As the comments over there say, those are some big shoes to fill.  I’m willing to give it a chance, though.
                      [/quote]

                      I’m giving it a chance as well, but it will be pretty damn hard to adjust. Andy was great in that role.

                      in reply to: GeekTonic Checks TV Series` Pulse #28172
                      jennyfur
                      Participant

                        I love Fringe, but I agree the current season is a bit far fetched and may turn off people. If you’re new to the show I suggest going back and watching the previous seasons.

                        P.S. I liked X-Files 😛

                        in reply to: Primary HTPC Software Results and New Poll! #28259
                        jennyfur
                        Participant

                          [quote=”Skirge01″]
                          It was only up for a week.  I think the results may have gone more toward MC if it had been up for a month or so.  I voted in the new poll already, too.
                          [/quote]
                          Yep, I had a busy week and just perused threads. Totally didn’t see it. Voted in the new poll as soon as I saw this article/thread.

                          in reply to: xbox 360: is 4GB enough? #28182
                          jennyfur
                          Participant

                            I sold my xbox remote to a friend and got a harmony. But like others have said, a harmony would be overkill if you’re not controlling anything but the xbox and TV. I’m late to the party, but also agree that the 4gb xbox is all you need if you’re using it primarily as an extender. You can attach a typical USB flash drive for additional space. I’ve got a new 250gb xbox, and I recall barely even filling my old 20gb up so it’s gonna have a ton of unused space.

                            Yep, just checked… using 37gb right now and a good amount of that is demos I don’t even recall downloading and have no interest in playing. Seriously, how do I have 21 demos? LOL

                            in reply to: Primary HTPC Software Results and New Poll! #28229
                            jennyfur
                            Participant

                              [quote=”SikSlayer”]
                              This is a Sage-centric site in many ways, and I think that the poll would have turned out differently on another site.
                              [/quote]

                              I didn’t even know about the poll so didn’t get to vote. I use 7MC.

                              in reply to: GeekTonic`s Ultimate Fall TV Guide #27670
                              jennyfur
                              Participant

                                I have to agree with captain_video. I watched $#*! My Dad Says and maybe thought about 3 of the jokes were funny the entire show. I had hoped it would be better since Shatner’s character on Boston Legal was great (and he plays a similarly opinionated jerk in this). But the writing on this show is rather weak and everything seems forced. It’s just not funny. My opinion also has nothing to do with the fact that I’m unemployed, even if I was working I’d find the plot dismal. And I’d cut the cable cord long before losing my job, as well as skipping commercials, so I’m not any advertiser’s target demographic. I’ll give the show one more episode and then remove it from my recording list if it doesn’t get any better.

                                in reply to: $30 for PPV? Sure Hollywood. #28074
                                jennyfur
                                Participant

                                  I’d like to have some of whatever they’re smoking.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)