November 2nd Blu-ray Releases

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground November 2nd Blu-ray Releases

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

Mike, I can finally say I agree with your choice.  Good job!  ;D  I am curious how good a transfer this was, though.

That’s a tough one between The Goonies and Toy Story 3.  TS3 was good, but I just don’t think it was as good as 1 and 2.  Maybe because it was sadder with Andy being grown up.

My 3-year-old has gotten into watching The Goonies within the last few weeks, so I can’t even count how many times I’ve watched it in that time period.  And I still don’t get tired of it.  What’s funniest is that the other day I told him I was hungry.  He told me, “Geez, mister, you’re bldljgojudlgj than I am.”  The “bldljgojudlgj” was 3 year old jabbering cause I guess he can’t pronounce what he wants to.  I had to ask him to repeat it ’cause I couldn’t believe he remembered that little line from the movie.

Mike Garcen
    Participant

I’m prepared to be flamed here, but egads i did not enjoy TS3 much at all. I didn’t watch it in 3D, but it just didn’t entertain me very much and seemed to go on foreeeever.

[quote=”shadymg”]
      I’m prepared to be flamed here, but egads i did not enjoy TS3 much at all. I didn’t watch it in 3D, but it just didn’t entertain me very much and seemed to go on foreeeever.
      [/quote]

Did you like the first two Toy Story movies?  I haven’t seen TS3 yet, but I definitely enjoyed the first two.

Mike Garcen
      Participant

yep, from what i remember i had very fond thoughts for the first 2, which is why i was surprised i didn’t like 3 at all

I thought 2 was thrown together too quick whereas I thought 3 was better than 2. I laugh just thinking about Mister Pancake Head, or was he a Tortilla?

Mike Garcen
        Participant

tortilla!!! (agree that part was funny)

I think 3 was a lot different than the first 2.  I can’t quite explain it.  Maybe it was the setting that they were in and kind of seemed to be “thrown away”.  Perhaps it disturbed me in a way, LOL.

But I did buy it on bluray today.  By the way, Disney has an $8.00 off coupon if anyone is interested.  You have to sign up for their movie rewards.  I got it from Target for $24.99 + tax, and then $8.00 off of that.  Came out to $18 and some change (Bluray, DVD, + Digital Copy).

jennyfur
          Participant

Yeah, I’d say the difference was that Toy Story 3 was… darker. Can’t really describe it either. But Andy growing up and the toys getting thrown out was kinda depressing. That day care place with the other lost toys was even more depressing, tossed in with a little evil. I enjoyed it though. I originally had no interest at all in seeing it, the only reason I did was because there was nothing else worth watching in theaters that weekend while I was on vacation with my parents. Well at least worth watching with one’s parents that is.

Of all these releases, The Pacific seems the most compelling to me. I haven’t seen it, but Band of Brothers is in my collection and a huge favorite of mine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.