Full Seasons Ordered for Five CBS Hits

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Full Seasons Ordered for Five CBS Hits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

Against my better judgement, I gave the pilot of “$#*! My Dad Says a try. I wish I had that 30 minutes of my life back :).

i havent seen the pilot but i did catch one or two episodes. they weren’t great, but they were a lot better than i expected. i am a shatner fan, though.

That’s probably why I’m enjoying it, too.  Although, the wife isn’t a fan of his and she’s still liking it.  We’re also loving The Defenders.  Jerry and Jim are hilarious.

jrandeck
    Participant

I think so far the pilot of $#*! My Dad Says was the weakest episode. 

Mike Garcen
      Participant

I don’t think it’s any surprise that if you can’t stand Shatner, you’re going to hate that show. I’m not a huge fan, nor a trekkie, but i still find it pretty amusing.

captain_video
        Participant

The show was a major letdown after seeing what Shatner could do on Boston Legal.  Nothing he does could ever top Denny Crain.  His latest is the type of show that you’ll either love or hate, depending on your personal tastes.  I view most sitcoms with a grain of salt as the writing generally tends to be forced in a vain attempt at providing something only meagerly humorous.  It’s darn near impossible to come up with something new and fresh these days in the way of TV programming.  After about 55+ years of TV viewing, there’s very little I haven’t seen before on network TV.  It’s one of the main reasons why I like the cable shows better.  They’re not locked into the same restraints that the FCC imposes on the major networks.  They’re also not as quick to drop the axe on a show because of poor ratings.

Of the five shows mentioned, The Defenders is the only one I’m still watching.  I actually liked the pilot of Hawaii Five-O, but I already had far too many shows being recorded so I had to make some cuts to regain what semblance of a life I have left.  I cut Blue Bloods for the same reason.  That plus I have been limiting the number of cop shows I watch as they are mostly just a rehash of the same old crap with a slightly different twist.  The same goes for doctor and lawyer shows. 

The funny thing is, once I stop watching a show, it isn’t usually all that long before it gets canceled.  OTOH, a lot of shows that are quite good get dropped after only a few shows because the network execs get nervous if the ratings aren’t as expected.  It just shows me that the general public is more intetested in crap programming than a show that’s of a higher quality than they’re used to.

If it requires too much thought Joe-Public is pretty much disinterested (At least on the major networks). Particularly thought outside the box of everything else that has been on for years is frowned upon and met with a hatred of change.

In other words, we’re all attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

Aye, I would have to agree, though your analogy is poetically descriptive for such a depressing shape.

[quote=”Skirge01″]
          In other words, we’re all attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.
          [/quote]
          knock knock, Penny, knock knock, Penny, knock knock, Penny.

captain_video
          Participant

Sheldon, is that you?

God, I love that show.  ;D

As a side note, I can’t believe I actually found a use for that quote so quickly!

jrandeck
            Participant

[quote=”Mast3rL33″]
              It’s darn near impossible to come up with something new and fresh these days in the way of TV programming.  After about 55+ years of TV viewing, there’s very little I haven’t seen before on network TV.
              [/quote]

So you’re saying Shatner makes a poor Archie Bunker?  I can’t argue with that 🙂

jennyfur
              Participant

[quote=”captain_video”]
                The show was a major letdown after seeing what Shatner could do on Boston Legal. 
                [/quote]
                QFT. In fact I can’t quote this enough. Wow. Seriously, his performance of Denny Crane was phenomenal and I just automatically assumed any similar character would be equally as amusing (yeah I know, one should never assume). Talk about being dead wrong. I watched the first two episodes, recorded maybe 2 more I haven’t bothered watching yet, and then took it off my scheduled recordings for good.

I caught the defenders premiere by accident, and actually enjoyed it. After watching one more it got added to my scheduled recordings, something that normally never happens after a season starts.

[quote=”Skirge01″]
                [/quote]

So I watched that episode this weekend, and now the comment is even funnier.  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.