GeekTonic Checks TV Series` Pulse

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground GeekTonic Checks TV Series` Pulse

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mike Garcen
    Participant

Original Article Link

Disappointing to read about Chuck, i find it quite funny. I might have to check out The Event after Brent’s suggestion…..not sure I want to get sucked into it though….after all, i still have to finish Spartacus (let the mikinho attack begin) 🙂

captain_video
      Participant

I liked The Good Guys during the summer and it probably did well enough in the ratings that Fox thought it would work for them in the fall lineup.  Problem is, most summer shows on the major networks weren’t aired the previous fall for the simple reason that they weren’t good enough to stack up against the competition.  I like the show but I’m not all that surprised by the ratings.  There are just too many other shows to watch that are better.

I watched the pilot episode of LoneStar but haven’t gotten to the 2nd episode yet.  I liked it and was planning to stick with it a while longer but it appears that Fox has already made the decision for me.

I love Fringe but the whole alternate universe scenario may be too much of a stretch for most audiences to handle.  I was liking the weirdness of the original premise and I think they could have stretched that out for a good while longer before jumping universes.

The Whole Truth is well done and has great acting but it’s a clone of every other courtroom drama ever produced.  I dropped it from my lineup after the 1st show.

Detroit 1-8-7 (if you’re going to diss a show at least get the title right) takes a slightly different slant on cop shows and the inclusion of Michael Imperioli should be helping the ratings better than it has.  If they decide to cancel it I hope they do it soon so I can free up another 42 minutes for other things like watching shows that aren’t getting canceled.

I dropped Chuck from my list before the season started mainly because I had to make some cuts and the show really hasn’t done all that much to make me want to stick around.  It’s pretty much run its course.

I never really got into Community.  I wanted to like it and watched about the first 4 or 5 episodes but it never really interested me enough to continue watching it.  It had humorous moments but was a bit too lukewarm for my tastes.

I also like Outlaw but can’t tell if it’s going to survive.  Hispanic actors don’t tend to do all that well when placed in the lead role for some reason, except maybe for Battlestar Galactica and Edward James Olmos.

Medium is another show I dropped this season.  I mainly watched it because my wife liked it but she seems to have lost interest in anything even mildly entertaining.  After several seasons of solving crimes based on premonitions and dreams you’d think the District Attorney and his staff would finally take note of something Allison has to say with a lot less skepticism.

Odd as it may sound, I actually look forward to some shows that I watch to be canceled.  I watch far more TV than the average human and actually look forward to times when shows air reruns so I have time to enjoy life.  Sometimes it sucks being addicted to TV.

I really hope they dont drop Fringe. I have really enjoyed the show, while they kind of left the whole premise of “The Pattern” I have been genuinely intertained watching it.

As for the rest, I can agree with Captain that I really dont need more shows to watch than I already have.

Mike Garcen
        Participant

i can’t believe they would cancel Fringe. I have to believe their DVD sales are pretty good. Nobody i talk to doesn’t like that show.

I don’t see Fringe going anywhere either.  The ratings have been pretty consistently high, if I recall correctly.

I also watched the second episode of $#!& My Dad Says and think it was even funnier in the 2nd episode.  But, it’s not a show which I’d be upset if it were canceled.  Then again, not too many WOULD upset me.

I started to watch the fringe but didn’t get into it.  It just seemed kinda strange and far fetched.  Maybe I’ll start it up again though if you guys like it.

Mike Garcen
          Participant

the irony about fringe, is that i was never a fan of X-Files…and yet i’m totally into Fringe. Go figure huh 🙂

Andrew Van Til
            Keymaster

[quote=”shadymg”]
              i can’t believe they would cancel Fringe. I have to believe their DVD sales are pretty good. Nobody i talk to doesn’t like that show.
              [/quote]

I liked the first season, then got bored about half way through season two and figured I’d catch up during the summer – which never happened so Fringe got purged to make space for fall and the favorite went away…

captain_video
              Participant

[quote=”shadymg”]
                the irony about fringe, is that i was never a fan of X-Files…and yet i’m totally into Fringe. Go figure huh 🙂
                [/quote]
                Fringe and X-Files have two completely different storylines.  X-Files was primarily about aliens and government conspiracies while Fringe deals with unusual phenomena and alternate universes.

Bad acting is what pushed me away from Fringe. The same thing is happening with Sons of Anarchy and Weeds, which reminds me that I need to see if the 3rd season of Breaking Bad is out.

jennyfur
                Participant

I love Fringe, but I agree the current season is a bit far fetched and may turn off people. If you’re new to the show I suggest going back and watching the previous seasons.

P.S. I liked X-Files 😛

Mike Garcen
                  Participant

eh, what’s going on with Weeds is it’s going crazy. It’s completely relying on your attachment to the characters to continue to watch the ridiculousness. doesn’t hold a candle to the first couple seasons.

And why does the chick on Weeds always dress somewhere between a hooker and a homeless person.

For a good Chuck replacement I would look at No Ordinary Family. It isn’t as good as Chuck was in the first season IMO but there aren’t many family shows available after 8 these days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.