Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Home Forums Windows Media Center Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    SargeT

Hi, Michael!

how’s your health? Ive been through heavy two-sided pneumonia november last year and still cant get completely rid of consequenses, I really wish you dont get same long-term illness like that! (how have you managed to get this in texas? I believed it’s hot there)

Glad you’re back with Yammm! The old version have been working like charm for all these years (win7 wmc, then win8 wmc 64) but i couldnt help trying the new version 🙂 installer removed the old yammm (will miss it 🙂 ) and installed the beta, but no shortcuts and no service. I manually registered service (named yammm) using sc.exe. Config utility says it cant write config file upon clicking “save” but saves changes though and then works like if the changes were correctly charged.

Thank you for your work from my mom and dad for whom i fill the library using Yammm ðŸ™‚

Johnz414

I like the images YAMMM pulls but how do I get the movies to be listed under the approprieate genres, most movies appear under a genre “Other”.

Does YAMM use xml metadata completely compatible with Windows Media Center?

My understanding from this post:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/tips-to-organize-your-movie-collection.html

is that you need xml files that are most compatible with Windows Media Center and that would be the AMG xml metadata files.

I really want to use Windows Media Center but I find the options like listing under genre not working is a magor turn off.

I’ve also employed Media Center Master to retrive metadata.

Do either of these programs pull the appropriate xml files and are these programs compatible with each other or are they not?

I’d really like to get this genre issue straightened out asap. Thanks.

John

Johnz414

I like the images YAMMM pulls but how do I get the movies to be listed under the approprieate genres, most movies appear under a genre “Other”.

Does YAMM use xml metadata completely compatible with Windows Media Center?

My understanding from this post:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/tips-to-organize-your-movie-collection.html

is that you need xml files that are most compatible with Windows Media Center and that would be the AMG xml metadata files.

I really want to use Windows Media Center but I find the options like listing under genre not working is a magor turn off.

I’ve also employed Media Center Master to retrive metadata.

Do either of these programs pull the appropriate xml files and are these programs compatible with each other or are they not?

I’d really like to get this genre issue straightened out asap. Thanks.

John

brainticket1

Thanks for this software – I have been using it for a couple of years and it’s great!

My HTPC is running w7sp1 64 bit and the current build of Yammm. It updates a movie library on a network drive. I allow it to put itself to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity. On reawakening, the Yammm service doesn’t seem to recover properly. It fails to update new movies added to the library. It also stops the pc from going to sleep again. This is fixed if I restart the service, but that is not feasible (unless it can be automated?).

brainticket1

deleting – double post

mikinho

[quote=brainticket1]

Thanks for this software – I have been using it for a couple of years and it’s great!

My HTPC is running w7sp1 64 bit and the current build of Yammm. It updates a movie library on a network drive. I allow it to put itself to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity. On reawakening, the Yammm service doesn’t seem to recover properly. It fails to update new movies added to the library. It also stops the pc from going to sleep again. This is fixed if I restart the service, but that is not feasible (unless it can be automated?).

[/quote]

Hmmmm…Any event logs? I’ll try to reproduce but after my next build goes out. I’ve been quiet last few weeks working on it.  I’ll be testing this week.

mikinho

Hi guys….I see lots of error posts. Sorry for not responding. After next build if the issues persist I’ll look at each and resolve.

tedbone

Ran the instal but couldnt because Yamm is included with ceton my media extender? i had no clue.

is there ay way to force instal the beta?

theedge

Why do I get the error message “The YAMM Setup Wizard” package is not compatiable with version of windows you are running. 

I am running windows 7 and trying to install the windows 7 download.

brainticket1

[quote=mikinho]

Hmmmm…Any event logs? I’ll try to reproduce but after my next build goes out. I’ve been quiet last few weeks working on it.  I’ll be testing this week.

[/quote]

I am sorry Michael I was wrong. It doesn’t appear to be related to sleep. Actually I jumped to that conclusion because the pc has not been going to sleep automatically for a long time. In fact once I reinstalled windows to get sleep working again but eventually it stopped again.

When I installed your update it magically started sleeping again. So I figure the 2010 YAMMM was the problem in the first place.

So now YAMMM is working pretty well (including sleeping) but occasionally it stops working and I have to restart the service.

I am looking forward to support for TV shows – is this likely to make it into YAMMM?

Thanks again.

brainticket1

By the way the link from your web site is no longer working. I think the forum url has changed.

mikinho

TV Series is definitley coming. I”m trying to make it an Xmas release but not making it a promise.

I will release an updated installer today that should remove some people’s issues.  After I do that I’ll make the installer easier to find.

-Michael

mikinho

Thanks. Tomorrow I’ll release a build with better logging to help me figure out what is going on.

brainticket1

I uninstalled my 3yo yammm and then installed yammm_setup_w7_13_10_26_0827.exe. Images were not downloading for me also. Rebooting made no difference. I fixed this by manually restarting the yammm service. I have not had a problem with images since then.

mikinho

Thanks! Definitely a bug. Also mixed with tmdb changing their image url. Yammm only downloads this at the start of the service.  I’ll change it so if it downloads the config from tmdb if there is an error downloading artwork.

I’ll be releasing a build w/ better install checks, logging, Media Browser support and this fix tonight.

Next up is TV series and open source.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 238 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.