Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Home Forums Windows Media Center Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    seethrough

First of all: thank you very much for this useful little thing amongst the useless crap the world is blistered with. 🙂 Unfortunately i’ve got an issue with the language of the cover art. The information gathered from IMDB is in english, while the locale is set to german. Not a big thing, but my wife would love german titles, if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Michael

mikinho

[quote=seethrough]

First of all: thank you very much for this useful little thing amongst the useless crap the world is blistered with. 🙂 Unfortunately i’ve got an issue with the language of the cover art. The information gathered from IMDB is in english, while the locale is set to german. Not a big thing, but my wife would love german titles, if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Michael

[/quote]

This is done in my current test version. I’m in the middle of doing a private test. When complete it will go to beta and then Github.  I don’t have an accurate ETA (Need to fix my server first for testing)

Michael

seethrough

Thank you so much for your efforts!

Michael

juntaar

Hi Michael,

Have been using Yammm for a long time, on a Windows Server 2008 install, it is a great piece of software!

When trying to install the Beta (on Server 2008), I get an error message that the installer package does not support this OS.

Is there any plans to support Server 2008, or Server 2012 going forward?

Cheers,

Juntaar

juntaar

Accidentally double posted, please see below

brainticket1

Hi Michael. I have I minor issue you might like to know about. I have the movie “Searching for Sugarman” and it appears twice in the Media Centre movie interface, both times with correct cover art although I think the extra info (review Tab etc) only appears in one. Maybe it has something to do with “searching” in the title?

russds

Hi Micheal, I just wanted to say thank you for making this software, it works great! It has that “just works” element working great.  Finally I can see all my movies in WMC with nice cover art and synopsis.  Just one question though, sorry if this is very newbie, but when click on the movie in WMC, the “Synposis” tab shows fine, but some movies have additional “Similar Movies”, “Review”, and some have “Cast and Crew”.  I can’t find what determins if the movie has additional info or just “Synposis”, is this just random, or only cerain movies? Is there something I can do to get this on all movies, it’s really nice to have some additional info beyond Synposis.  Just wondering if there’s anything I can do (better naming, moving the movies, etc.) not asking you do to do anything, your software seems to be working great! 

Without additional info: http://i.imgur.com/HpUsRwT.png

With additional info:  http://i.imgur.com/jQIRxNw.png

Update 4/1/14: Sorry, I read through the thread and found this post which outlines why movies start with just Synposis, then additional information comes.

russds

[quote=mikinho]

[quote=sorethumbs]

All working many thanks!!

I see there is an option to save copy of metadata to another location to show on other pc’s.

Could someone tell me how this works as I want to store all my movies on a NAS drive and run yammm on one pc to get metadata/folder art for my collection stored on that NAS so that any pc I configure includes film info.

How do I then get that metadata onto another media center pc that is pointing at the NAS drive for the movie collection, usually I just get the ‘folder.jpg’ image in media center and not the info on the film.

[/quote]

I’ll try and get a wiki out for this. Basically you have to share the DvdInfoCache folder on a per user basic on the remote PC and then add that share to the list of folders. It is cumbersome. I had two thoughts on it:

1- Improve the select folder so it doesn’t suck and includes network locations (this is coming soon)

2- Make a “client” version of Yammm that all it does is sync metadata from the “primary” Yammm.

Let me know if there is a preference.

[/quote]

Was there ever a wiki put out?  I’m trying to get YAMMM to work in a similar scenario.  1 NAS, 3 HTPCs.  

[quote=mikinho]I’ll try and get a wiki out for this. Basically you have to share the DvdInfoCache folder on a per user basic on the remote PC and then add that share to the list of folders.[/quote]

Do you mean:

1. Install/setup YAMMM on NAS. On Library tab, include path to Movies (eg. D:MediaMovies) 

2. Share the DvdInfoCache folder on the NAS (eg. //NAS/DvdInfo)

3. Install/setup YAMMM on the 3 HTPCs.  On the Library tab, don’t include library of movies (eg. //NAS/Movies) but include the shared dvdinfo folder (eg. //NAS/DvdInfo).

?

Thanks!

TECK

Hi Michael,

I installed the latest version for Windows 8.1 and I have an issue with the synopsis, it wont update. I deleted all .xml files and Yammm recreated them, but the synopsis is still missing.

This is Floren, BTW. I’ll hit you on Hangouts soon. 🙂

bradyfan74

I have windows 8.1 64-bit and downloaded yammm version v13.10.26.0827 is there a more updated version? This version works fine for most everything except file art…it gets the folder art but file inside the folder picture doesn’t change…any suggestions?

AbstractKiller

Same question as bradyfan74 above – W8 x64 here, with v13.10.26.827 (yammm_setup_w8_13_10_26_0827) installed. Renaming folders, films and fetching meta all ok, but no artwork.

Is version v13_10_28_1336 (yammm_setup_w7_13_10_28_1336) available for W8 x64?

Thank you Michael / Mikinho for YAMMM – we have been using it on our home server for many years now as a service and it has been faultless. Many thanks for all your hard work (and lost spare time I guess, greatly appreciated)!

martiar

If you are running W8.1 x64 you can set the Compability of the Service and the Art will load properly. Navigate to the location you run YAMMM from then right click YammmSvc.exe (C:Program FilesYammmYammmSvc.exe). Select Properties, then the compatability tab. Under Compability Mode select Windows 8 and check the box.

TECK

[quote=martiar]

If you are running W8.1 x64 you can set the Compability of the Service and the Art will load properly. Navigate to the location you run YAMMM from then right click YammmSvc.exe (C:Program FilesYammmYammmSvc.exe). Select Properties, then the compatability tab. Under Compability Mode select Windows 8 and check the box.

[/quote]

I tried that and it does not work. I stopped the service, set it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and deleted all .xml files. I started the service and the files started being populated the same way they were before:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>

<Disc>

<Name>2 Fast 2 Furious</Name>

<ID>YAMMM000|00000248</ID>

</Disc>

whatifjohn

Replaced duplicate post…don’t know why. Had to create new account to sign in.

whatifjohn

So what version do I use for Win 7 32 bit? The yammm_setup_w7_13_10_28_1336 version seems to work fine on 64 bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.