Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Home Forums Windows Media Center Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Kattmandu

Trojan Virus?  Thanks!

DavidinCT

I know this is a old thread and I am sure Michael Welter is not working on this and has not in a long time but, I still use this great program and was wondering on a few things.

What is the last version that was released ? Was it ever possable to get the movie details working with YAMM (actors, roles, etc) so Movies can be indexed via actor etc.

mikinho

I’ll check versions when home. Yes movies details were working last I checked but the way the native Movie Library works is that the metadata has to be accurate enough to allow WMC to match against their provider otherwise it won’t show that level of detail. Since MS switched providers it may no longer work.

I’ll see if I can find a W8.1 license and test.

Night Rider

Thank you Michael

mikinho

So I found the below versions on my webserver but I know I have newer ones available from 2016. I need to setup a Windows PC to build it if anyone is interested in a newer build

x86: https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w7_13_10_28_1336.exe

x64: https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w8_13_10_26_0827.exe

I’ll need to see if I can scrape together a W8 box.

-Michael

Night Rider

I’m sure I’m not the only one that would be interested in a newer build.

DavidinCT

I know WMC is dead but, a lot of us still use it, and one of those critical apps for me is YAMMM, I would love a updated version.

jacauc1

Hi Michael,

Did you find a windows PC for compiling a newer version?

I have been using this app for many years and I still cannot find a better solution than YAMMM. I have tried all kinds of alternatives like TinyMediaManager, Therenamer, Collbee, Filebot and many more, but Yammm is still the simplest alternative of all!

I have a small issue where movies with folders such as “Allied (2016) [1080p]” is not detected by YAMMM. Is there any way to ignore all text within square brackets?

I have a windows machine with which I can help you to compile if you do not have access to one.

Would you ever consider open-sourcing the code on Github to allow myself and others to further enhance the project?

If not, I’d be more than willing to donate towards further development by yourself

Thanks for this gem!

Jacques

aevans0001

Finally got this working with windows 10!  Awesome

how i did it

i installed the latest version [url]https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w8_13_10_26_0827.exe%5B/url%5D

after installation i had to manually install the service, i followed the following instructions

open administrator command prompt

run C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319InstallUtil.exe

type:

installutil.exe “C:Program FilesYammmyammmSvc.exe”

[url]https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/windows-services/how-to-install-and-uninstall-services[/url]

it should show success

then i went to services.msc

foound Yammm service and selected properties

made it manual start and started it

Now i can save the config file and it renames and loads nfo info

aevans0001

Did Michael ever release the open source or the tvdb code?  i see that imdb= and tmdb= works for file naming

grenik

I installed W7_13_10_26_0827 on my Windows 7 64-bit system and it looks like it was a success.  The service shows that it is running.

However, it does not seem to be renaming or getting any images.  I hae the first 4 boxes checked in the genreal tab (both rename boxes and the sub boxes under them).  I picked a location where I have movie folders.  I renamed one to the movie name and then added [tmdb=274857].

It has been a couple hours and nothing has happened to any of the folders.  Is the service still working?

bradgfromboo

[quote=grenik]

I installed W7_13_10_26_0827 on my Windows 7 64-bit system and it looks like it was a success.  The service shows that it is running.

However, it does not seem to be renaming or getting any images.  I hae the first 4 boxes checked in the genreal tab (both rename boxes and the sub boxes under them).  I picked a location where I have movie folders.  I renamed one to the movie name and then added [tmdb=274857].

It has been a couple hours and nothing has happened to any of the folders.  Is the service still working?

[/quote]

It does work but you need to manually edit the config.

1.  Open Notepad as admin by right clicking the icon and select “Run as administrator”

2. click file->open and paste C:ProgramDataYammm in the address bart of the open file dialog and press enter

3. change from “text documents” to all files and double click yammm_config.json

4. at the very end of the config file, before the closing } you need to add the following:

,”ehome_metadata_cache_folders”:[],”ehome_metadata_for_users”:null

i added this between false and }

5. Save, restart the computer or service, and it should begin to work

HackitZ
                            Participant

Hi mikinho,
                              Did you find a newer version than,
                              x64: https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w8_13_10_26_0827.exe

Not sure if i can live without yammmm. LOL

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by HackitZ.
                              • This reply was modified 6 years ago by HackitZ.
                            Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.