boxee blog Â»the most reliable source for all things boxee boxee iPhone remote app available on the
With my recent purchase of an iPod touch, I am more and more interested in how I can extend its functionality to my Media Center setup. Boxee still remains a hobby for me, so I doubt I will go though with setting up the iPhone app but you never know when I might light a fire under my ass. If you are a Boxee user, check out the iPhone remote app and see if it suits your needs. Finally, a no drama Hulu post to come out of the Boxee world, glad to see them move forward and show they are kicking ass and taking names rather than being defined by a Hulu screwup.
took a while, but we finally got our iPhone remote app approved.
should be good news for anybody who lost their tiny Apple remote.. : )
it is very basic, but we think it’s a good start.
based on your feedback we’ll add more functionality to it.
so please post your ideas on getsatisfaction.com/boxee
- the boxee remote app has two modes: Gesture and Buttons
- in the Gesture mode you need to hold down your thumb and move it around in order to navigate.
- clicking on the boxee logo acts as Select/Play/Pause
- dragging the boxee logo to the edges of the screen will act as a continuous up/down/left/right
- clicking in an input field will open up the iPhone Qwerty keyboard and will enable you to easily enter text
- the app works over WiFi, so make sure the WiFi on your iPhone is turned on