Yammm Update Coming Sunday

Home Forums Windows Media Center Yammm Update Coming Sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Ziria

Another big thank you from a long-time user. I also echo the sentiment you should make this a paid product. 

Just an FYI to other users, this goes beyond an API key expiration and themoviedb.org. Their API is upgraded to v3 and all the responses are now JSON instead of the XML format in v2.1 so Michael would have to rewrite the response parser.

v2.1 of the API was shut down on September 15th, and email notifications have been sent out since May 2013.

mikinho

Tough to sit down and get things done other than work when traveling. I have a change needed for MyMediaCenter integration that was found a few hours ago. Trying to do that now and then build another release.  Will post back when available.  The MyMediaCenter update is scheduled for beta release tomorrow so standalone Yammm should be available no later than tomorrow.

richard1980

It’s like 2010 all over again! 🙂

Anybody want to place a bet?

farsite

Mymoney’s on Michael.  However long it takes!

Try writing it yourself if you’re in such a hurry.

mikinho

It completely justified frustration.

4thStooge

Michael, while I admire your humility, I don’t agree that ZanyCakes5555’s frustration is “completely justified”. You dedicate your time free of charge to develop an application which you distribute freely. For someone to criticize you for your attempts to provide an ETA for delivery is just plain old rudeness. If ZC is in such a hurry (and capable), then he/she should have developed their own app by now. Personally, I have been extremely impressed with your app, and I am willing to stand by patiently for as long as necessary. Don’t let others dictate how you distribute your “free time” (I know… LOL), and don’t feel bad if you miss an estimated release date. You’re not obligated to provide an ETA. As a matter of fact, you’re not obligated to write the app at all, so don’t sweat it. Your health, your family and your employment should be your top priorities. Everything else is just gravy. <}}}}><

mikinho

I just hope when published we can continue discussions with a feature list.

nicholson101

[quote=4thStooge]

Michael, while I admire your humility, I don’t agree that ZanyCakes5555’s frustration is “completely justified”. You dedicate your time free of charge to develop an application which you distribute freely. For someone to criticize you for your attempts to provide an ETA for delivery is just plain old rudeness. If ZC is in such a hurry (and capable), then he/she should have developed their own app by now. Personally, I have been extremely impressed with your app, and I am willing to stand by patiently for as long as necessary. Don’t let others dictate how you distribute your “free time” (I know… LOL), and don’t feel bad if you miss an estimated release date. You’re not obligated to provide an ETA. As a matter of fact, you’re not obligated to write the app at all, so don’t sweat it. Your health, your family and your employment should be your top priorities. Everything else is just gravy. <}}}}><

[/quote]

^this

Its free so we just wait for its release despite missed deadlines (which really isnt a problem) As said before life can get in the way but it should always come first. 

We’ll live another couple of days/weeks without!

Trigonometric

Extremely thankful for yammm, completely accept how hard it must be to write and update such a program and don’t mind if Michael ever gives us an update or not, he doesn’t owe us anything. But I understand peoples frustration, just tell us ‘It might take a few weeks/months guys’ and we’ll understand.

richard1980

[quote=farsite]

Mymoney’s on Michael.  However long it takes!

Try writing it yourself if you’re in such a hurry.

[/quote]

I’m not in any hurry.  Michael will get it done when he gets it done.  But I am amused by the “tomorrow” game because it reminds me of the InfiniTV4 shipping fiasco in 2010.

4thStooge

Now THAT I agree with!!! Smile

mikinho
                            mjones73

Thanks!

catterbury

Thanks Michael! 

TwitchedOut

The link doesn’t work.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.