Yammm Update Coming Sunday

Home Forums Windows Media Center Yammm Update Coming Sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    mithhunter55

Awesome peice of software! 😀 I have been wondered what had happened. As I was half done sorting my collection when it stopped working a few weeks ago. At least I know I am not crazy. I was trying a lot of things restarted the service over and over ect..

mikinho

Flight didn’t have WiFi. Landed in Seattle, I need a bit to get situated (and get work done…business trip). Sorry for the inconvenience.  I’ll make a post here and on Twitter when available.

ZakSnell

[quote=mithhunter55]

Awesome peice of software! 😀 I have been wondered what had happened. As I was half done sorting my collection when it stopped working a few weeks ago. At least I know I am not crazy. I was trying a lot of things restarted the service over and over ect..

[/quote]

I’m right with you, I tried finding older versions, manually stopping and starting services, clearing caches…anything I could think of. After that I searched a bit through other forums and found I had done everything that was mentioned…started thinking all was lost.  And now I’m here.  Good to know it will be back again.  This really is a great little service, amazing how something so simple can be so critical! 

Kudos to the Dev!!!

GregoryD

also just signed up to say thanx as well..  really is the best program for any one who has a movie collection and uses wmc.

Bandit

[quote=mikinho]

Flight didn’t have WiFi. Landed in Seattle, I need a bit to get situated (and get work done…business trip). Sorry for the inconvenience.  I’ll make a post here and on Twitter when available.

[/quote]

I’ve donated to Yammm in the past. It sucks that you’ve encountered so many unfortunate events over the last little while – I’m really sorry to hear that.

I can’t help but feel Yammm is a distant priority for you though, as I’ve asked several times on Twitter over the last few years when we can expect a Yammm update, and you’ve given up responding. Back when I donated in 2010, V2 was “just a few days away”.

Seems to me that with such sought-after software, you should charge for it so that you can give it the same or similar priority as your job (which pays your bills).

Anyway, what I’m getting at, is that you should let us (your fans) know what you need, and we’ll do our very best to give it to you 🙂

GregoryD

Id pay for it. absolutely.

mikinho

I truly appreciate the kinds words. It both humbles and humiliates me.

Bare with me today as I get some work done so I can switch to my home dev machine. And then bare with me over the next few weeks as I get it polished up and open sourced.

I’ve had a very bad 18 months and lots of excuses but I’ve done a lot to Yammm in the last few weeks and will be contributing frequently to the open source project.

mikinho

Btw…. my wife is also very upset with me regarding Yammm inactivity. She has a list of things she wants fixed improved. She sets my priorities.  She has been waiting for me to be healthy again before forcing it on me but then this trip came up. Anyways…I’ll try to not post again until its with the download link.

mjones73

Gotta keep the wife happy. 🙂

brodie

There’s no reason to feel humiliated. This is something that you’ve created in your own spare time and given to people for free! 

I’ll be honest, I’ve been a little frustrated the past week or so waiting for the update, but only because it’s such a great app! 

Life gets in the way sometimes… 

SmakyFeter

Take your time Michael. We’ll patiently wait until you’re ready to post the download. Family, health and work come first.

We are excited to test it out though… and maybe contribute when it’s open sourced.

Thanks again for creating such a great application.

pluto30306

Thank you for staying on top of this fix….and glad to see that you are still involved.

jjhtpc

Is this the same code that is in My Media Center?  It seems as though that may not be working as well.

BTW I think you have been one of the great community supporters behind WMC.  I still use Hide Menu Strips and used YAMMM up until I started using MMC.

mikinho

Yes it is. That integration is already being tested by Ceton Support.  Not sure when that will be available but I hope within the next 2 business days.

For the standalone build I have to wait for my wife to get home and turn on my home dev machine. I keep the code separated.

newfiend

I’ll echo the rest here and say a big Thank You to you for all you have done for all of us with developing and supporting your plug-ins. Sorry you have had such a rough 18 months. Plus being sick, car accidents etc. Sometimes life gets in the way. It happens. We know you get busy and support you 100%. I also think that you should change YAMMM to donation ware like My Channel Logo’s. YAMMM is a great plugin. You should get some compensation for your hard work. You’ve been a great friend to me and helped me out many times and for that I am VERY greatful.

Take Care,

newfiend~

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.