The Green Button :(

Home Forums Windows Media Center The Green Button :(

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    WhatHappend

Late last night (after 1am CST Sunday morning) MS contacted me that they have rolled out some fixes for TGB account migration.  They have fixed the Validation error now.  Those that haven’t tried since Saturday should try to migrate your account again.  You only get one try per password reset on your TGB account.  If the password box clears after your attempt then you have to reset your TGB password.

For some reason my account still won’t migrate.  I suspect it is due to creating a new temporary account and I have been posting a lot with it so the system must be having difficulty folding them together.

But over the day (Sunday) I have seen some people have now successfully been able to migrate their account the previously couldn’t.

WhatHappend

UPDATE: The account migration is fixed.  They even migrated my troublesome account tonight.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/general_topics/f/142/t/100806.aspx

After working 24 hours day for the last few days on this incredibly tricky problem, we believe we have resolved the issue some people were seeing with being able to sucesfully migrate a former TGB account.

WhatHappend

Use this link to enter the new TGB site browse%20forums , it should give a more familiar entry to the new site.Smile

swoon

At least they fixed it for you. I still can’t sign in. Frown

swoon

Thanks to WhatHappened I can finally get into TGB, err, Windows Experts Community. Even though I had already migrated my account, it seems that when I logged out (in an attempt to provide the screen capture in my earlier post), I could never log back in and was always presented with TGB migration screen.

If you are experiencing a similar problem, you must do something that’s not obvious at all. Click “I need help with my password” to initiate a password reset on your account. After I performed this procedure, I was able to log in.

realcodeguy

I was able to migrate my account tonight… finally! Frankly, not very impressed, we’ll see if it starts to grow on me.

SJMaye

[quote=realcodeguy]

I was able to migrate my account tonight… finally! Frankly, not very impressed, we’ll see if it starts to grow on me.

[/quote]

Ditto.  Long live TRB

NitDawg

A month later, still can’t get into the new TGB. A place I used to frequent multiple times a day has been replaced by something a little more red.

swoon

I think I hear the sound of Taps gently playing in the background…

SJMaye

I enjoyed the Green Button but even as it was I found Missing Remote to provide better technical information and feedback.  I am happy here.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.