The Green Button :(

Home Forums Windows Media Center The Green Button :(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dharper40

One other thing, Im sure its related somehow. When I try to sign out of windows live, it says Sign out isnt complete that it couldnt sign out of “Windows Expert Community”.

swoon

I get the same thing in addition to not being able to access Windows Experts anymore.

Tikker

I was able to migrate easily

but it’s not worth it

they’ve completely ruined TGB

NitDawg

Long live TRB, thanks to the MR crew.

mikinho

[quote=NitDawg]

[/quote]

Our forums need quite a bit of work as well but we are working on it and should be improved very soon (for the better….just making things easier)

millerbrad

Saturday morning..  Tried to migrate my account, and I still get:

Validation Error – An error occurred validating a field. Please go to the previous page and try again.

Seems like they’re effectively killing TGB with this migration.  Kill the community, then kill the platform.  Thanks, MSFT.

millerbrad

[quote=NitDawg]

[/quote]

What he said…  Cool

Diverge

I can’t merge my TGB account either. Gives me a validation error every time. Tried a few different browsers as well.

osburnfamily

Can the MR forums be setup like TGB were?  I tried it the past few days, but I just can’t get over how hard it is to navigate the new TGB forum.  These are my primary two places I go on a day-to-day…  If MR can have the same forums groups, then I may just say screw it.  Most of the “cool” people are here too anyway… lol

realcodeguy

I decided to give this another try.  This time I asked for help with my password and thought if I changed it then just maybe…. I created another password and it still fails.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THIS.  DID I SAY PLEASE? 🙂 I’m still reserving judgement on the new forum until I can get in.  Not even going to bother poking around until I have my account straightened out.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but I did have a very large signature block.  Could that be the issue since the validation fails on a particular field according to the message? Just thinking out loud here.

realcodeguy

[quote=WhatHappend]

I am working with MS on the validation error when trying to migrate my TGB account.  They are stumped so far and hoped to have it solved in the morning.

Others having the same issue might want to post here so they know I am not the only one:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/general_topics/f/142/p/100731/534279.aspx

They have fixed TGB password reset now.

People should leave constructive feedback to improve the new site here: http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/23/t/100740.aspx

I have had contact with an Expert Community Admin that says they will be looking over feedback in the coming days to improve this communities’ usability based on our feedback.

[/quote]

I would love to leave some feedback if I could log in to post.  I’m not going to create a new account to tell them about my problem because then my email address is tied to two accounts and I’m sure that won’t go smoothly either.

realcodeguy

[quote=osburnfamily]

Can the MR forums be setup like TGB were?  I tried it the past few days, but I just can’t get over how hard it is to navigate the new TGB forum.  These are my primary two places I go on a day-to-day…  If MR can have the same forums groups, then I may just say screw it.  Most of the “cool” people are here too anyway… lol

[/quote]

+1

realcodeguy

One more post and I’m done complaining… for tonight.

Did anyone notice none of the drop down menus on the forum work in Chrome?  If I’m going to be forced to use that P-O-C IE browser forget about it.

Mike Garcen

[quote=osburnfamily]

[/quote]

If the activity and posts demand it, sure. For now, we do have a dedicated Windows Media Center forum, so by all means please feel free to post any and everything you might have there and I’m sure plenty of people will see it. 🙂

WhatHappend

[quote=mikinho]rums need quite a bit of work as well but we are working on it and should be improved very soon (for the better….just making things easier)[/quote]

I hope that the white space is addressed on this MR site.  The forums width here is fixed just like the new TGB.  That seems to be the number one complaint at the new site is the small screen area dedicated to the posts.  You can’t even view Frank’s Ceton order tracking post due to the limited post width allowed.

They have fixed some issues in the last few days on the new TGB.  

• Search seems to work better now (didn’t really function at all before)
                                  • Icons “?”, “<checkmark>” don’t over-lap text anymore
                                  • The “Your Discussions” seems to function properly now
                                  • System specs has been fixed for all users and works with Chrome now
                                  • The advanced post editor now underlines miss-spelled words using Chrome’s spell checker and you can use cntrl-right click to fix spelling (regular right click menu is dedicated to the new editor).
                                  • Topic notification emails are now working.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.