Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

I currently have 3 extenders attached for testing: 1- Linksys DMA2200; 2- Slim Xbox 360; 3- Original Xbox 360 (out of warranty and self repaired RRoD)

Where’s Part 3!! skip Part 2 and give us some SageTV love!

Anonymous

[quote=”Naylia”]
        Where’s Part 3!! skip Part 2 and give us some SageTV love!
        [/quote]

LOL!! Hey I need Part 2 just as much as you need Part 3. Maybe he will release both at same time 🙂 ?

mikinho
        Participant

Sorry all, Part II will most likely not be published today.  I took a “day off” yesterday and am trying to not rush some of the data analysis.  So it WILL be published tomorrow.

Anonymous

No worries, and thanks for all your efforts, great work so far!

mikinho
            Participant

The question has been asked various times on whether the Ceton InfiniTV has to go through the 1 minute “resync” time delay when resuming from sleep.  The answer is, yes it does.

For those unfamiliar with it the Ceton InfiniTV documentation states the below.

[quote]
              Note: Each time your PC is turned off and turned back on again, Media Center must re-establish communication with the Ceton InfiniTV 4.

This process, which takes about a minute, begins when you go to “Live TV” the first time after power up. During this period, Media Center

displays the following screen:

Viewing or Listening Conflict.  No Tuner Available to Satisfy the Current Request

When communication has been established, live TV will begin normally without any further action.[/quote]

The “Viewing or Listening Conflict.  No Tuner Available to Satisfy the Current Request” error will also occur when resuming from sleep.  At least in 1 of my test systems, I’ll test in additional systems and update if needed.  The good news is that Media Center will take that into account when resuming for scheduled recordings.

Mike Garcen
              Participant

hrmm…i’m trying to remember if the ATI DCT did the same. I do remember seeing that Viewing Conflict before, just don’t recall when.

mikinho
                Participant

Yes the ATI DCT has the same limitation.  It is required by OCUR tuners.

Can you try running one of the systems with 2gig of RAM. I might have to go shopping if I need more RAM. I have run the cable advisor before and did not have any trouble so maybe this is a CETON thing and the Silicondust Tuner won’t have such a high requirement.

mikinho
                  Participant

Sure but it will be a 64-bit operating system, I don’t have any 32-bit systems aside from virtuals.  So the memory utilization will be a little higher than a 32-bit perating system.

I am just curious if something in the software stops the CETON services from running if it sees the RAM is less than the requirement.

mikinho
                    Participant

Trying to get Part 2 out there, below is a screenshot from the tuner comparison:

[img width=650 height=387]http://www.missingremote.com/images/stories/mikinho/ceton/tv-setup-max-tuners.jpg[/img]

I did switch some of the tuners around to test ATSC as well.

Mike Garcen
                      Participant

[quote=”Meester.Rip”]
                        I am just curious if something in the software stops the CETON services from running if it sees the RAM is less than the requirement.
                        [/quote]

see below for actual answers 🙂

mikinho
                        Participant

The 4GB minimal is part of the DCA but only on W7 64-bit, it is not a requirement for 32-bit flavors.

mikinho
                          Participant

And there are two bits of software installed with the Ceton drivers:

1- Ceton InfiniTV Tuning Adapter service.  This can safely be disabled or uninstalled if you do not need tuning adatpers.

2- Ceton InfiniTV Diagnostic.  I did not include a mention of the Ceton InfiniTV Diagnostic in Part 1 as the final version was not available yet.

Neither software or related drivers require 4GB of RAM.  The requirement is part of the DCA.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 169 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.