Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Viewing 4 posts - 166 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Author

I would recommend the i3 530 or 540. You can do some reading on overclocking and easily push it past the i5 if you really need the extra power. The only application for the i5 dual core IMO, is for people that don’t feel comfortable with overlooking or spending the extra time.

[quote=”Mikinho”]
    I forgot to add that when using a Core i5, plan on getting a 3rd party heatsinkfan.  The Core i3 comes with a very quiet fan but the stock fan on the Core i5 is too loud for most HTPC duties.
    [/quote]

Do you have a recommendation for a heatsinkfan? My case is full height.

Thanks!

[quote=”xjboonie”]
    [quote=”Mikinho”]
    I forgot to add that when using a Core i5, plan on getting a 3rd party heatsinkfan.  The Core i3 comes with a very quiet fan but the stock fan on the Core i5 is too loud for most HTPC duties.
    [/quote]

Do you have a recommendation for a heatsinkfan? My case is full height.

Thanks!
    [/quote]

My first stop is always SilentPCReview and I trust their results implicitly.  If you’re looking for quiet and efficient, anything they recommend will be perfect for an HTPC.  Their current list [url=http://www.silentpcreview.com/Recommended_Heatsinks]is here[/url].

mikinho
    Participant

It is hard to go wrong with the Prolima Megahalems or Prolima Armageddon if you have the room for it but I would only recommend them if you have a good amount of airflow in the case already to ensure VRM and other components on the motherboard get adequate cooling since they aren’t down blowing.

My own recommendation for 1156 is the Noctua NH-C12P SE14.  The 140mm down-blowing fan helps cool the motherboard and is very quiet.  It also uses under board mounting system–I can’t stand push pins and can say with confidence that I will never purchase a heatsink that uses them again.

Viewing 4 posts - 166 through 169 (of 169 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.