Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad CableCARD Tuner – Part I

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I know you are busy, but just what is the ETA on Part II and III?  Been waiting for about 1 month now I just getting a little excited

mikinho
      Participant

I don’t have a firm ETA yet.  There are new drivers that I want to see if it addresses 1 or 2 issues I’ve seen.

[url=http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/]http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/[/url]

[b]Version 20100908[/b]

– Fix issues with some Tuning Adapters
        – Fix issues with sleeping while Tuning Adapter connected
        – Fix some Media Center discovery issues
        New CableCARD tab in Diagnostic tool to help with activation process

Mikinho,

I don’t know if you have a direct contact with Ceton or not but is there any way that you can find out when the next batch will be fulfilled? or simply when these cards will be mass produced…

mikinho
        Participant

Last I heard the next batch would be mid-September but I’ll see if I can get a more accurate estimate.

I read Sept 30. I broke down and ordered one because the wife said I could get one of the new quiet XBOXes.

Mikinho,

Have you checked out and used this?

http://www.dvblogic.com/netpack.php

This would be awesome so we could use something besides a 360 extender to use the Ceton card on a TV. Any info you have would be great!

mikinho
          Participant

Good news and bad news.

Bad: The DVBLink Server Network Pack is not compatible with CableCARD tuners.

Good: In a future firmware release (no ETA that I know of) the functionality will essentially be natively included with the InfiniTV4 via network bridging and tuner splitting (i.e. assign different tuners on the InfiniTV4 to different computers).

More Good: Part 2 of the review will be published this week.

1. Hopefully they will change it to support cablecard and the ceton.

2. Well, that’s cool that we’ll basically be able use a nettop as a extender for instance.

3. Awesome the review finally! 😀

The only thing we need now is to be able to use the ceton in Vail.

Anonymous

[quote=”Mikinho”]
              More Good: Part 2 of the review will be published this week.
              [/quote]

So much for the good news :-(. I guess I will make my own testing when I receive my Ceton card.

mikinho
              Participant

I had a couple hardware issues (my server w/ the InfiniTV4 in it died, lost my power supply and memory sadly) that delayed it, everything is back on running and looking to publish as soon as possible.

mikinho
                Participant

FYI, New driver has been released.

[quote]
                  Version 1.0.1.15-20100927

Change the Ceton Network Interface priority to less than that of the main ethernet interface. This fixes third party programs like MSN and Skype who choose the highest priority interface to bind to.
                  [/quote]

I just want to point out that this was a very responsive update.  Ceton was made of aware several days ago that some network-based “server” applications were not working properly since they were binding to the InfiniTV4’s network interface rather than the real LAN network card.

A manual work-around was discussed in [url=http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/93520.aspx]tgb: Ceton and YAC — conflict?[/url] but nice to see Ceton deliver a quick work-around in their driver package.  The ATI DCT had the same issue and nothing was ever done there.

When is part II of this review coming out?

mikinho
                  Participant

I thought it was going to be yesterday but it didn’t quite work out.  It will be soon but can’t give an exact date.  When it is published I’ll have the next part 4-5 business days later (not 4-5 weeks).

You are taking almost as long to finish Part II as Ceton is getting more cards out. I’m just messing with you man, someone had to say it. 😀

mikinho
                    Participant

[quote=”rekd0514″]
                      You are taking almost as long to finish Part II as Ceton is getting more cards out. I’m just messing with you man, someone had to say it. 😀
                      [/quote]

And sadly well deserved.

The next batch of cards were sent out yesterday.  Hmmmm…I need to get my act together.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.