Cisco FW update for the 1520 appears in the wild

Home Forums Windows Media Center Cisco FW update for the 1520 appears in the wild

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    teddyboy

Thanks John! 🙂 That’s how I’m planning on setting up my Ceton when I get home from work tonight. I usually do one thing at a time to eliminate trying to troubleshoot several items at the same time. I already have my Ceton installed in my Media Center, so all I have to do is run through TV setup and install the cablecard. After it’s up and running tuning channels, I’ll setup the TA.

johnw248

You can actually pair the cableCARD to the tuners with the Ceton Diagnostic Utility so you don’t have to do it in MC Tv Set-up. Just make sure you’ve run the DCA before you start, pair the cable card and then run MC & TV set-up. If it’s the first cableCARD you’ll also install playready and some more cableCARD files that are downloaded from MS during the install along with the channel guide. The the pairing goes as it should and the cablecompany has staged the card to your account, you’ll be all set for all the channels you subscribe to.

The TA is an automatic discovery process, but it’ll take 15 minutes or more if it has to download the F.1402 update first. But as soon as it’s done, open the web interface and click on tuning adapter and you’ll see that’s it’s ready and supports four tuners.

John

teddyboy

Hi John,

Well I have the Ceton paired with the cable card. The diagnostic tools shows all green check marks. Initialy she had to send a refersh signal to get the card to be recognized. I am still not able to tune channels that I know I subscribe to. I get a subscription required error on all the lower channels as well as some of the higher ones that I’ve checked. I can’t even watch CNN on channel 31. I try to tune to a channel to watch live tv or record, and I get a black screen for a few moments then I get a messge from media center that I require a subscription to view the channel. Looking at the Ceton Diagnostic tool and tuning to a channel it tells me that channel 31 is clear.

The TA was a no brainer to hook up. Windows recognized the TA installed the driver for it then the TA downloaded the firmware and upgraded itself. It found all four tuners and attached itself to the Ceton. It appears to be working according to the webpage. The CSR was going to call me back about the tuning adapter, but she really doesn’t need to do anything for it as it basically self installs.

I’m stuck with this last remaining issue. I’m pretty sure it’s a problem on there end

swoon

Have them hit your CableCARD again. They probably didn’t do it properly. With Cox San Diego, you won’t need the TA for popular channels like CNN or ESPN, but you will need to be properly paired and authenticated. Most of the TA channels on Cox San Diego are little used SD channels. It is possible they are doing things slightly differently since you are North County Cox and I am South.

teddyboy

Hi Aaron,

Problem solved! Another call to Cox, and I was up and running. Talked to a nother CSR and he fixed the issue. He said he enabled service to the card. He probably hit the card again. They send out the TA with every cable card the send out for self install. I knew it was on there end. 🙂

swoon

Glad you got it working and didn’t have the pleasure of a $75 “install” fee.

johnw248

The most common problem I’m seeing now is cablecos that aren’t provisioning or staging cableCARDS before sending them out. They have the Serial Number in their database but they haven’t tied the customer’s service levels to the card. When the card gets authorized it doesn’t get any of the tiers or premium channels because the card hasn’t gotten tied to the account properly.

Hopefully they’ll learn that they need to do this before mass mailing of cableCARDS.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.