Problem with m.play mx software (Moncaso remote)

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Problem with m.play mx software (Moncaso remote)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I recently installed a htpc build in a Moncaso 320 case (review on this site), which comes with a remote and display. To power this, I need to use m.play mx software from Moncaso. This works fine, as long as I don’t let the htpc go to sleep mode (win7 64bit). When I wake up the pc, the m.play mx software keeps repeating an error “WriteFile Function Failed, error 5”. Only solution seems to restart the pc.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Andrew Van Til
    Keymaster

You could try updating the FTDI driver used by the display. 

Just did that (at least I think I have the latest one). I did find out that when I disable the ‘hybrid sleep mode’ in energy settings, it works (but then the htpc isn’t shut down completely). When I enable this (and thus getting the htpc to spin down fans etc), it gives me the error upon wake.

Andrew Van Til
      Keymaster

Sounds like your PC is doing S1 standby, do you have S3 enabled in BIOS?

I checked my bios (I have an ASROCK 880G/USB3 mainboard) but there seems to be S1/S3 settings there. The release notes for the newer FTDI drivers specifically state issues with sleep are fixed, but when I check my COM port, it seems to be using the new drivers already??

No solution yet. I tried reinstalling lcdwriter and applying the settings you stated in the Moncaso review. It does seem to find that it’s on COM7, but when I click “Detect settings” it says access to com7 is denied (maybe this is what causing the errors after sleep?).

Andrew Van Til
        Keymaster

“access denied” means another application has an exclusive hold on the port.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.