New line of HTPC chassis

Home Forums Home Theater Computers New line of HTPC chassis

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

I still like the blue but I like white as well.

I’m not a fan of green or orange.

Green when on, blinking white when in sleep and off when the PC is off. And none of these should be bright and I think it should have the ability to be disabled.

My Antec Fusion has a white LED for power.  While I do like it, it’s far too bright.  Green or blue would be nice, again, as long as they aren’t super bright.  When you look at them straight on (or any angle), they should not be blinding.  Some sort of filter should be in place to diffuse the light.  Additionally, if the room is completely dark, the LED shouldn’t light up a 6 foot section in front of the case or illuminate the couch across the room.  ;D

Andrew Van Til
      Keymaster

I think you mentioned that the VFD had green text earlier.  So as long as the shades of green are the same I think green is a fine color – just don’t make it too bright.

PHT

Guys, what do you think about these designs?
          The one on the left it is new design, testing market. No ODD.
          On the right – with passive cooling – it will be in the USA in the fall.

swoon

They look attractive. I presume there will be a black option as well?

Mike Garcen

[quote=PHT]

Guys, what do you think about these designs?
              The one on the left it is new design, testing market. No ODD.
              On the right – with passive cooling – it will be in the USA in the fall.

[/quote]

I like the one on the left! Looks to be the size of the original AppleTV, very slick! Would be perfect in my bedroom where i don’t need ODD

PHT

What about this one?

PHT

I should have it for testing in June/July

Mike Garcen

Zygmunt, is there any chance you can put a familiar object next to the chassis? Something like a dollar bill or a coke can? It’s very difficult to evaluate the actual size of a chassis without a familiar object.

Still loving that AppleTV-like one. I can picture it now. “Hey mike, is that an ollllld apple tv? Get with the times! Oh…it’s a full blown HTPC, DAMMMMMN that’s sexy” 🙂

PAPutzback

I looked at the S5 images and they look just like an HD-Plex case. Jsut remember to keep the width to the standard size of a high end audio unit. The front of my HD-Plex cases keeps it from going into my rack because it is almost 2 inches too wide. 

DavidStein

i like all three new ones. maybe someday ill be able to afford as one as well

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.