Hulu and other stuff on Media Center

Home Forums Windows Media Center Hulu and other stuff on Media Center

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

???

I am a long time SageTV users and I occasionally help other people setup HTPCs.  With the advent of Cable Card tuners I am starting to think Media Center may make better sense for some users. (Just because of the DRM)  I am not likely to switch myself but it may make sense for people with more simplistic needs.        

Even as a SageTV user I keep Media Center on my Sage server with a separate tuner card and can attach via the Xbox360.  I currently use MediaBrowser and Media Center Studio but have not found much else I think adds a lot of value to the experience.

The real issue here is access to online content on the extender.  Netflix is covered here as well as ESPN.  (Kinect is a nice novelty here) but what else can I get.  I know there is the new Hulu plus but I don’t see the pay option being very popular.  I use Playon with SageTV but the navigation in Media center is challenging to say the least. 

Are there plugins that get access to a lot of other online content and make it available on the Xbox360.

Also any other good plugins to make the TV experience better.  Since Media Center DRM only works on one PC any solution would need to also work on the xbox360 just as well.   

swoon

One plug-in you may want to investigate is Secondrun.tv. I don’t know how compatible it is with extenders.

NitDawg

HuluPlus, ESPN3, and Netflix have nice interfaces on the 360, its just outside of the MediaCenter extended environment. As far as I know, anything flash-based that works on the host PC will not work on the MC extended environment on the 360. So even though there is a nice hulu-desktop launcher you can install on the host PC and works great there, that doesn’t work on the 360.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.