WMC HDMI Handshake issues

Home Forums Home Theater Computers WMC HDMI Handshake issues

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bigscarymike

I was fighting the same problem.  In my case, I was connecting to the TV via HDMI through a Denon receiver.  I resolved it by running the HDMI straight to the TV for video, and optical audio to the receiver, using my Harmony remote to switch the inputs accordingly.  Something about the receiver was messing with the handshake.  I can turn the TV off and on and go in and out of sleep mode on the PC now without the picture changing size.

oliverredfox

[quote=bigscarymike]I resolved it by running the HDMI straight to the TV for video, and optical audio to the receiver, using my Harmony remote to switch the inputs accordingly.

[/quote]

Optical doesn’t support all formats.  My TV only sends 2 channel audio to the receiver this way (can do Dolby Pro Logic, but not digital).  If the TV supports ARC via HDMI, you can do the same setup with the ARC HDMI cable running to the receiver and keep all the audio formats.

Mast3rL33

I having very similar problems in my setup. I too run WMC all the time and leave the HTPC up and running when I power down. I run into the issue with the handshake problem as well. Very interested to find out what your solution ends up being, as it is a nightmare for the WAF.

NitDawg

[quote=Mast3rL33]

I having very similar problems in my setup. I too run WMC all the time and leave the HTPC up and running when I power down. I run into the issue with the handshake problem as well. Very interested to find out what your solution ends up being, as it is a nightmare for the WAF.

[/quote]

I think there are two many variables (AVR/video card) for a panacea outside of a secondary HDMI switch, so my best advice is to make sure your video card drivers are good to go (this is what helped me out with the NVIDA issue…I have a 9300 chipset that took over 18 months to finally get an updated driver set that didn’t BSOD on me…fixed in the 290.XX FINALLY!). Then look an moninfo (pretty easy to try)…I’ve never used HDMI-yo. If you have an AVR in between, sending a component switch (to another input, then back to your HTPC) also seems to work most of the time. Keep WAF high bra!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.