WHOLE house set up for a beginner

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help WHOLE house set up for a beginner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello I need some help setting up my home theater. Here is my current set up:

1. Server running 08 r2: it downloads and records my shows and shares them via SMB
    2. 3 flat screen TV’s each with a computer hooked to them. 1 is running XP the other is running 7, last main tv is hooked to the server .

What I want to do is have the server keep  track what i have watched and what i haven’t watched, where i am in a show, etc. This way any room in the house i can take up where i left off. As random crap comes in through my tunner and the internet the tags aren’t the best so i don’t want to rely on a “library” based system. XBMC is perfect because you don’t have to have it on library mode, you can just browse SMB shares. The only think is that XBMC is installed seprately on 3 different computers and they dont talk to each other. I tried the SQL sync but it only syncs the library.Once again, things go in and out so quick it would be too much work to mess with tags. I just want something that keeps my whole house in sync. am I asking too much?

swoon

You might want to try using DVRMSToolbox. This would be using WMC as a front-end. There is a bookmarking feature. I haven’t used it with multiple systems, but it might work.

Techbutton

I am currently doing that with one machine running the media center and xbox360’s hooked to that machine. I have other machines doing recordings but everything talks to that one machine for the location. I can start in one spot stop and continue in another room. Someone should figure out how to make an externer from another PC. That would be ideal.

babgvant

SageTV will do that easily, but it’s not as cheap as XBMC.

Emaster
          Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.