Which Blu-ray format should I create for use with PCH A-300?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Which Blu-ray format should I create for use with PCH A-300?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone. I hope that your week went well and are looking forward to the weekend.

Quick question here. I am 90% sure that I will be purchasing the two new PCH A-300s. My question for you is this, what format should I rip my blu-rays (BR) to? My requirements are as follows:

• Don’t care about having the BR menu
    • Don’t care about having the extras on the disc
    • I want 1080p
    • I want the ability to choose from either the HD sound or stereo sound for playback; One of the units will be used in the home theater and the other will be used with a bedroom TV using only TV’s speakers
    • I am not worried about size of file; that being said, I will not just rip an ISO. If I can reduce the file by a few gigs I will
    • No MKV; while this is a great format, I want something else that will work in future builds (i.e. M2TS, M2T, MTS, BDMV, etc)

I know that many of you probably hate the PCHs but I just want to find something easy that decode all file formats, will be easy for the wife, and will just work. I know that it is not capable of recording TV. I have Dish network and until there is a way to have a DCT like experience with satellite, the PCHs will be fine.

Thank you again for all of your help. If you need more clarity or have questions, please ask. You guys are consistently awesome!

John

Gunserotti

I use BD folder format which works great on the PCH. Take a look at clown bd, it will allow you to select which tracks you want included.

SikSlayer

I totally agree with Gunserotti. BDMV folders are the best option on any device/HTPC app, if you want the extras or not. Same for DVDs. Having it in the folder format removes one more unneeded step from the playback equation. I was going to suggest DVDFab HD for removing the fluff you don’t need, but I’d forgotten about ClownBD, it’ll do the same thing.

dbocce3

Thank you both for your replies. That is a huge help and I will rip them as BDMV files.

SikSlayer, which ClownBD program should I use? I am not familiar with this program and when I go to it’s website, it offers 4 different downloads without a description of them. 

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

John

SikSlayer

I only know of the program and what its able to do. I gave it the co-sign of approval because people I trust trust it.

A simple Google search brought up this: 

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/index.php/Clown_BD

Gunserotti

Clownbd is a free “interface” that ties together several background programs. You must download the full version that includes all of the background programs (package). There are a few guides available which can be found with google. Once setup it is very easy to use…..cheers

dbocce3

Thank you to everyone who responded. I greatly appreciate it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.