Standbyhelper 1.0.0.5

Home Forums Windows Media Center Standbyhelper 1.0.0.5

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by babgvant.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve googled for answers and failed.

As I do most software, I tested this program on Windows 7 media Center in a virtual machine. I choose ehshell for standby and resume and my startup arguement. It now runs in the system tray as advertised. When pc goes to sleep, media center exits. When pc wakes, media center is relaunched and to my chosen screen.

However, if I shutdown and restart the pc, standbyhelper isn’t launched at startup and is not in the system tray.

Just how does one run standbyhelper in the system tray all the time, even after a reboot?

Thanks for your help.

I’m a software minimalist and my htpc works perfectly except for an occasional media center crash (maybe 1 in 2 weeks) where a window indicates media center must be restarted. This only happens after resume from sleep, never on startup, and like I said maybe once in a 2 week period.

Aaron Ledger

I just drop the shortcut to Standby Helper into Windows Start Menu “Startup” folder.

zinoswink

[quote=Aaron Ledger]

I just drop the shortcut to Standby Helper into Windows Start Menu “Startup” folder.

[/quote]

I had tried that but when the pc restarted, a window would popup requiring my choosing run to allow the program to start.

I suspected it may be an administrator rights issue related to the virtual machine environment.

Anyway, I now know that it will work by simply putting a shortcut in the Startup folder.

Thank you for your reply Aaron!

Aaron Ledger

No problem. There is an option in that dialog to not ask you again for permission, IIRC. I don’t get the prompt and I know that I did something to disable the prompt.

babgvant

[quote=zinoswink]

I had tried that but when the pc restarted, a window would popup requiring my choosing run to allow the program to start.

[/quote]

After downloading the zip file, right click on it, select properties and select “Unblock”.

Windows will preserve the untrusted nature of a file if you don’t and continue to prompt even after it’s extracted from the file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.