So after many hours on chat and the phone with Cocmast my Ceton tuner is 100%, but.

Home Forums Windows Media Center So after many hours on chat and the phone with Cocmast my Ceton tuner is 100%, but.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

For three days I was stuck on the tenth step where you need to enter an encrypted channel to test he tuner and it failed constantly. I kept calling and getting in chats and finally after enough INIT and HIT signals I can watch premium channels. Oh. And a day of playready issues.

But this AM when I tried connecting with my xbox I had to redo the extender setup. Then I got errors telling me I needed to cancel a recording that did not exist on another channel and that the rest of the tuners were in use. Is this a known standby issue? A reboot did fixed it but I don’t want to have to do that every time I connect.

DFranch

I haven’t gotten brave enough to put my computer to sleep.  I have enough trouble with failing recordings when the machine is on 24/7.  So far I’m not impressed with cablecard, or tuning adapters.  Ceton has been working with me to try and figure out what the problem is, so I’m still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

RehabMan

I was equally nervous about setting my HTPC to sleep when not in use.  But this spring I took the plunge after about 9 months running 24×7.  No problems so far.  It always wakes up with enough time to get the Ceton card going and make the recording.  It is nice to know that the computer is not on 24×7 and I am saving electricity not to mention wear and tear on the moving parts.

I don’t have extenders, preferring to have multiple HTPCs instead, so I’m not sure what issues lurk out there with stand-by and extenders.

swoon

At least when using Xbox 360 as an extender, there is no issue. Back when I used the 360, it would WOL the PC without issue.

PAPutzback

[quote=swoon]

At least when using Xbox 360 as an extender, there is no issue. Back when I used the 360, it would WOL the PC without issue.

[/quote]

I think the 360 is waking it up fine. I just need to wait a minute for the tuners to link up or something. I have 3 ceton tuners and 4 hdhr tuners mapped to the HTPC in my living room and 1 of the Ceton tuners mapped to my office pc so I can tweak the guide and then make changes to the HTPC’s guide when I get it figured out. I wish their was a simple way for media center to scan all the channels and build its own list of channels it actually receives. But even then I’d probably have to cut out all the duplicates. After the initial setup my HTPC guide was setup for 504 channels, after removing dupes and pay channels I don’t receive I think I’m down to about 80. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.