setting up DVRMS 1.2.2.4

Home Forums Windows Media Center setting up DVRMS 1.2.2.4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

• Ok try and help me solve this one guys and gals ?

1. I record my tv shows on my Windows 7 64 bit HTPC (the o.s. is on ocz vertex 2 -50 and Tv recordings land on a 500 gig hardrive till moved to server folder at midnight)  http://www.flickr.com/photos/welchwerks/5425558825/

Has anyone been able to get commercial skipping to work on vm and to stream to HTPC (using Andys DVRMST 1.2.2.4 and with or without Dragon Show Analyser) please explain steps
    i setup DVRMS using  andys walkthru, cant find the link at the moment 

ok this is how i have it setup,

DVRMST and Analyser are in a W7 VM looking at the WHS 2011 Recorded tv folder  ( i have a lic for dragonglobal show analyzer)
    what i currently see in CommercialsXMl folder is VIH files
    O.K. a few caviots. 1. ALL media must  be stored on server , no local content

2. i would prefere not to convert WTV to anything unless its automated

3. How do you have yours setup ? please show steps

babgvant

1) what’s the specific issue?

2) I’m not sure it’s a good idea to run SA from a VM across the network.

welchwerks

the short answer is

that although i get the xml,txt,VIH files in the same folder as the WTV shows when i stream them to my HTPC thet dont auto skip

do you have an updated step by step setup i can review for accuracy of my current setup

babgvant

[quote=welchwerks]

the short answer is

that although i get the xml,txt,VIH files in the same folder as the WTV shows when i stream them to my HTPC thet dont auto skip

[/quote]

To solve that one, you’ll need to open up SA’s config tool and configure it to only write DTB XML files (live to the xml file location).  Every other type should be disabled.  If your PC is setup to share public folders you just need to configure the client PCs to use the CommericalsXML folder on the main box, if it’s not share the folder first then setup the client.

[quote=welchwerks]

do you have an updated step by step setup i can review for accuracy of my current setup

[/quote]

I don’t, but I think Mike did a write up a while back.

welchwerks

[quote=babgvant]

If your PC is setup to share public folders you just need to configure the client PCs to use the CommericalsXML folder on the main box, if it’s not share the folder first then setup the client.

[/quote]

O.K. i catching on..

so if i am running DVRMS 1.2.2.4 and SA on my VM and it is sending the XML files to a folder in Recorded TV called commercialXML on WHS 2011 that folder must be shared with the remote HTPC/Extender.

now on the HTPC do i need to have DVRMS installed or SA or nothing to enable the skipping, to clarify.. what is using the xml on the remote HTPC

babgvant

Yep, the xml files must be in a folder accessible and known to DTB on both PCs.  On the client only the addin is required, but to make configuration easier you’ll want to install the full DTB package there too.

welchwerks

Thanks andrew,

that was it works great just some teeking for each shows commercials example Rizzoli & Isles  the 3rd commercial is not skipped

Edit:

O.K. Got it…

On a W7 Ult. VM running DVRMS 1.2.2.4 and Show Analyzer

DVRMS setting are:

prefered analyzer set to = automatic
              File watcher = set to watch recorded TV folder \ServerNameRecorded_TV
              commercial skip path set to + a folder named \ServerNameRecorded_TVCommercialXML CommercialXML —‘that i created in the WHS 2011 Recorded TV folder”—

Show Analyser:

under settings,

Scheduler = i enabled Directory watcher then a little lower i identified the TV directory to watch
              Output tab = set the where to the folder on server \ServernameCommercialXML just above that i set it to “LIVE” and everything else below to “NEVER”
              On Queue tab = started directory watcher and at the bottom of that area i ran Analyze now

Now on the Client that i wanted to watch the commercial skipping shows on :

i ran DTB 1.2.2.4 http://babgvant.com/…entry20437.aspx

Andy did mention you could just run DTB add in. which i may try just to reduce total volume size with

http://www.missingre…ting-dvrms-1224

prefered Analyzer = to be Showanalyzer

output directory = \servernamerecordedTvcommercialXML
              file watcher = \servernamerecorded_tv

my client HTPC for this has a OCZ 50GB SSD OS and a 500GB Drive for recorded TV till being moved to server at midnight by WMC ” i will probably make it direct to server but its a nice backup plan when i take server offline ” very cool since i havent had this working when i switched the whole house to 64bit and windows 7 :)

Make sure all folder are shared,

I’m sure i will still have to fine tune some of the shows “skip points” but this is at least doing all the CPU intensive work on the VM and not on my HTPC while im watching a show

at some point ill share my ceton tuners with the VM and do the recording on it as well or try a silicon dust network tuner at some point :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.