Recommended settings for Shark007 on a 64-bit system

Home Forums Windows Media Center Recommended settings for Shark007 on a 64-bit system

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    captain_video
    Participant

I’ve been using the Shark007 codecs with Win 7 Media Center for quite a while with excellent results.  Lately I’ve run into some audio issues and I’m wondering if my last update of the codecs was set up properly.  I had been using a list of settings posted at the AVS Forums, but several searches have provided different settings.

What are the recommended settings to use for Shark007 to yield the best results for recorded TV, live TV, mkv, Blu-Ray, DVD, and any miscellaneous audio and video file playback?  There does not seem to be a general agreement on what the best settings should be.

Brian

Are you still looking for help? The reason there is no general agreement is because everyone has a different setup. I use Shark007 with WMC7 on a 64-bit system, but I bet my settings are not exactly the same as yours. If you have a specific question I might be able to help, however I found trial and error to work the best.

captain_video

Thank, but I think I’m OK for now.  I was having audio issues but it turns out that I had the wrong setting in my sound setup in Control Panel.  Once I switched it from 7.1 to stereo everything started working correctly.

NitDawg

I haven’t used Shark codecs as much as I used to since going to 64-bit…since one of the primary reasons was to get MKV playback both on my main HTPC and xbox360 extender. It works great on 32bit Win7, but on 64-bit you have to go into the Shark control panel and check back and forth to get smooth playback on both. I ended up converting my MKVs to M2TS to get around this issue. Lots of options with Shark though, I still would be interested in hearing how people here use it in their setup!

Mike Garcen

i use shark as much as Andrew hates me for saying so, primarily because of it’s x64 version of VOBSub (for subtitles) which you can’t find standalone. I haven’t tinkered much with the settings since building my new HTPC

phoneguyinpgh

[quote=NitDawg]

I haven’t used Shark codecs as much as I used to since going to 64-bit…since one of the primary reasons was to get MKV playback both on my main HTPC and xbox360 extender. It works great on 32bit Win7, but on 64-bit you have to go into the Shark control panel and check back and forth to get smooth playback on both. I ended up converting my MKVs to M2TS to get around this issue. Lots of options with Shark though, I still would be interested in hearing how people here use it in their setup!

[/quote]

What did you use to create the M2TS files??  What are you using to play them back?

I installed the Shark007 codecs to get MKVs working as well for BR rips.  It seems to be working ok, albeit with a few hickups here and there.  If there is something that will work better I’m all for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.