October 26th Blu-ray Releases

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground October 26th Blu-ray Releases

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

Boo… hiss…  another bad pick by Mike.  😉  Aliens FTW.  BttF was about the character interaction, which I’m sure sounds great in this release, but Alien was about the action, which is what Blu-ray is all about, IMHO.

mikinho
    Participant

Don’t lie Mike, Agatha Christie Poirot: Murder On the Orient Express was your real choice.

Mike Garcen
      Participant

ROFL!!!! ok, so full disclosure…i’m not exactly sure why i chose BttF over Aliens….i’m definitely a much bigger Alien fan (in case you couldn’t tell from my previous picks). Maybe i’m just trying to keep you all on your toes? 🙂

captain_video
        Participant

The Alien anthology is such a mixed bag that it’s difficult to pick them all as a group.  The original Alien was among the best Sci-Fi horror/suspense thrillers ever made.  Aliens was probably one of the best sequels ever made and was more of an action movie than a horror flick, thanks to James Cameron at the helm.  The audience already knew what to expect from the little beasties so it was just a matter of who was going to kick who’s ass and when.  The remaining two Alien movies aren’t even worth mentioning and actually diminish the quality of the first two when bundled together.  The first two will always be at the forefront of my favorite all-time movies.

Back to the Future was fun, but I wouldn’t sit through the entire showing more than once or twice.  I’ve seen both Alien and Aliens more times than I can count and I’d watch them both again in a heartbeat.  I can probably count the number of movies I can say that about on one hand.

[quote=”shadymg”]
          ROFL!!!! ok, so full disclosure…i’m not exactly sure why i chose BttF over Aliens….i’m definitely a much bigger Alien fan (in case you couldn’t tell from my previous picks). Maybe i’m just trying to keep you all on your toes? 🙂
          [/quote]

Your choice is understandable considering that the Alien Anthology is simply not complete without AVP.

[quote=”swoon”]
          [quote=”shadymg”]
          [/quote]

Your choice is understandable considering that the Alien Anthology is simply not complete without AVP.
          [/quote]

I have to beg to differ.  It’s the ALIEN anthology, not the Aliens and Predators anthology.  Then again, that would mean we’d need all 3 Predator movies, assuming you take the “and” to include any movie which had either foe, rather than “or”, which would exclude the original Predator movie (and would make for a ridiculous set title:  Aliens or Predators Anthology).  😉  Sadly, the less said about AvP, the better.  I’ll concede that the 3rd and 4th Alien movies were–shall we say–lacking.  But, nowhere near as bad as AvP.

union of alien and predator anthology

v

intersection of alien and predator anthology

mikinho
          Participant

I thought we had been over this before?  There is Alien and Aliens.  There is no anthology! 😛

OK, there are so many wrong opinions here, LOL.  I liked Alien vs. Predator, and I’ve never seen any of the other Alien movies or Predator movies.  Second, I agree with the Back to the Future choice.  I mean, you HAVE to pick that.  Once in a while the mood hits me, and I’ll watch BttF from the server.

captain_video
            Participant

Watch both Alien and Aliens (in that order) and then get back to us.  Both of them are destined to be classics (as if they already aren’t).  Unfortunately, both of them will be somewhat tainted by the drek they produced later using the Alien creature so they may not have the same effect had you not already been exposed to them in an unfortunate setting (i.e., bad spin-off).

Mike Garcen
              Participant

[quote=”htpc_user”]
                OK, there are so many wrong opinions here, LOL.  I liked Alien vs. Predator, and [b]I’ve never seen any of the other Alien movies or Predator movies.[/b] 
                [/quote]

Seriously? I enjoyed AvP actually, probably from the nostalgia from the comic books though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.