No TV or No Music/Photos, My Win7 WMC is driving me nuts

Home Forums Windows Media Center No TV or No Music/Photos, My Win7 WMC is driving me nuts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Garcen
    Participant

As the title implies, I’ve been having a HECK of a time with my Windows 7 main HTPC system. Everything was working fine at one point, but that has long since passed. Here’s the issues:

My Main User Account (was originally the only account on the box):

– Live & Recorded TV works fine

– Music & Photos show empty (yes, i’ve tried deleting the WMP database and rebuilding, nothing ever gets found–nothing, not a single album)

– Videos works fine

– My Movies 4 works fine

After messing with WMP and WMC for countless hours trying to figure it out, I decided to create a NEW user account on the same machine. The Results:

– Music & Photos show up PERFECTLY

– Live & Recorded TV does NOT WORK – Get the dreaded “Decoder Error”

Created a 3rd Test Account just to see what would happen–same issue as the NEW user, Decoder error.

If i switch user accounts on the fly, nothing changes. Really at a loss here for what to do next…any ideas?

oliverredfox

Probably not applicable, but do you use the default video/audio codec for TV playback or did you change them to ATI/PowerDVDs/etc?

swoon

Do you recall any events that occurred prior to these issues that could have been potential causes? Any chance you have a restore point or backup you could fall back to?

Mike Garcen

i use the default codecs, and remember, the exact same system with just the different user, and TV works perfect. I did use the MCE Decoder Checkup Tool and it’s set correctly there too.

No restore point. Only part that changed was switching to WHS2011, but everything was working at one point (for my blog)…but i checked on another system that was working before the switch, and all that data is still working…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.