NETFLIX quality on WMC seems to have been upgraded.

Home Forums Windows Media Center NETFLIX quality on WMC seems to have been upgraded.

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by swoon.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

I don’t recall seeing Pixar films on Netflix or maybe I haven’t noticed but this weekend I saw UP in the list. I have to say I could not have told the difference between the streamed video and my BluRay. Now maybe I would have heard something if I had something more than a sound bar but video was great. At this rate I don’t really feel the need to increase my WHS storage and rip movies any more. I guess the only reason I would is if the title either wasn’t available on Netflix or if I had a home theater with a high end audio setup. 

NitDawg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Wink

I do know that some titles they have to “expire” so online content there is not permanent. Still waiting for multi-channel audio and more HD content, but it has been slowly getting better.

Mike Garcen

I watched IP Man the other day on it (after admittedly not using it for a while), and i even told my gf how impressed i was with the picture quality, better than DVD. Good to know i’m not alone.

FYI this is on a 50″ Panasonic 1080p plasma

oliverredfox

I swapped to using a PS3 in the living room for the 1080p/5.1 streams.  This gives me hope that WMC may soon catch up and I can stop having to swap back and forth between devices to watch shows.

swoon

Maybe I need to give Netflix in WMC another try. Quality has always been fairly atrocious compared to my Samsung display’s Netflix app.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.