Netflix Authentication Failure

Home Forums Windows Media Center Netflix Authentication Failure

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I was curious if anyone is having a netflix issue inside of WMC7 tonight?  I tried accessing netflix on two different PCs and and it gave me the same error.  And yes I paid my bill 😛  I tried cleaning out IE temp and content settings and didnt seem to work.  I also logged out and back in with no luck.

On a side note I switched to my xbox to watch netflix and its working fine, but it appears that netflix looks slightly better than WMC7 version?

two sheds

I am having the same issue all my non-browser interfaces (Boxee, WMC, etc) to Netflix.  Only the browser interfaces (IE9, FF5) to Netflix appear to be working…..  Seems to have started with latest round of MS updates to Win7 SP1, IE9, Silverlight, etc, coming all in one blast.  There are a number of workaround gyrations being suggested in other forums but none are fixing it for me.

Mike Garcen

You are not alone

Netflix is working on a fix

einstein

Thanks for posting.  I was worried I was alone.  My wife is not happy, now I can tell her its not my fault.

robinhoody

I’m glad its just not me, I was starting to get frustrated with my PC and considering a reload lol.  I guess you could roll back updates to fix the issue for the time being?

NitDawg

No, rolling back updates is not the answer. This is all over some of the other 7mc forums and that will not resolve the issue, people have even re-installed the OS. The answer is to use the browser for the interim and wait for the fix.

PAPutzback

Someone resinattled their O.S to fix a video streaming issue. That’s hardcore. I had to go onto the Netflix site and remove all the devices that were authorized to get it to work. I think that each time I run Netflix on my Android it creates a new device. 

mikinho

I think it is as silly as a certificate being expired on one of the servers in the web farm.

Also note, it is not just WMC affected.  Other devices such as Boxee have been reported as affected as well.

Crim

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this issue again. Everything was working fine until some time Thursday, loaded it up in the afternoon and nothing would happen. I was starting to get a little worried about it (I tried all the fixes and nothing did it).

robinhoody

Just an FYI Netflix is back and working as of last night around 10pm est.  It could have been sooner but that was last I checked.  I got a box that popped up that said netflix needed to verify my account information and click OK/Yes and it started working.  Not sure who’s side it was on exactly  but props to both parties for the somewhat quick fix.  Never realized how much I took WMC7 netflix for granite. 

two sheds

Netflix icon in WMC appears to be working again…. fix is much appreciated.

Crim

From what I read, there was a corrupted DRM certificate on Netflix’s server which created the 7MC failure.

I got the little pop up last night about needing to verify again, clicked through it but never tested it. I just now tried it but had to delete the “playready” DRM file for it to work.Yet another reason why DRM is a waste of time and a PITA for paying customers….

It works great now. 🙂

SJMaye

[quote=Crim]

I just now tried it but had to delete the “playready” DRM file for it to work.

It works great now. 🙂

They had it fixed and then tried again this morning and it is not working again.  Says I need to sign in to my account which I was signed in to already.  I did not bother because in the past it did nothing to fix the problem.  Can you tell me how to delete the playready file you mention?

[/quote]

robinhoody

I was curious if anyone was still having problems with viewing New released movies within netflix wmc7 app.  It gives me an error and tells me to check my internet connection.  Anyone else having this problem?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.