My HTPC-AV System is getting close! All that’s left!

Home Forums Windows Media Center My HTPC-AV System is getting close! All that’s left!

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by wordgasm.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My HTPC-AV System is getting close! It’s close to Nirvana…This is all that’s left I need to figure out!

Media Center Studio-I can’t seem to move some default tiles Netflix/Movie Guide to a new strip and either I need to move default strips or make new ones.

TMT5-The screen before the movie starts! Come on who’s call was that on a HTPC! At least an option!

HTPC & WHS 2011- WHS 2011 doesn’t seem to want me to have no password required or multi logon to the HTPC w/whs

DE-A drive pool for my Blurays so I can use MyMovies automatic ripping. (tryiing Drive Bender & DriverPooler). Another way? No other OSs or trickery

Music/Movies “auto-recongnize”- Some way to tell my AVR whether I’m listening to music or movies/tv and change the audio mode.

SSD space: ShowAnalyzer (Profile Version) & MyMovies (when trancoding) write to the SSD. I want MyMovies on the SSD for the menu “snap”, but need to move the transcoding files to another drive. SA, either process on WHS or move history to another drive, but the install program for the beta profile doesn’t let you.)

Well that’s it for now, I’ll add more as I think of them.

Well and my cable company to “get it together with their SDV switchover” This has become painful, but not a life shattering event

And…. “I wouldn’t mind” if I could transcode BRs for the xbox (no HD audio required), not another copy, just for a “live viewing on the fly….. If I want 7.1-9.1, I can walk over to the “main setup”.

Thanks for listening

Jeff

swoon

Ok, I’ll try to address some items.

1. You can move both those tiles in MCS. Netflix is called “Promo (Movies1)”. You can also install Mikinho’s Media Center Valve utility which will expose Netflix and Internet TV as entry points a little more directly in MCS.
      2. TMT5: The TMT5 disc selection screen can be helpful for multi-disc HTPC configuration (e.g. physical and virtual).
      3. WHS2011 + MyMovies: Can’t you rip to a location until it fills up and then configure an additional location?
      4. AVR: I’m not following exactly what must happen with this item. Can’t you just select a new mode on your remote for the AVR or are you wanting this to occur with no user intervention? You could use a Harmony remote and configure a Music activity as well as a Movies activity or simply use it to change the mode.
      wordgasm

Thanks for replying

I’ve tried to move the tiles .. never no bueno … I’ll try Valve! Had it but was waiting for some more of the toys, so never “checked it out” fully.

I do all discs thru my movies so I’d prefer it went to the movie. I’ve watched a br from the tray maybe twice

I can… I had all my drives on the HTPC, but 14 really slows down the startup. I really like just dropping a disc in a tray , no other intervention and wallla.. it’s done.

For the audio, I access about a 50% thru MC, so I would prefer no screen changes etc. I have the harmony setup to change the mode with an activity for my music and streaming radio paradise, but I wish I could just navagate to the tile and have it be done.

Remember I’m talkin Nirvana here not reality… just hopin’       🙂

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.