Mount Image attempts to mount AVI file

Home Forums Windows Media Center Mount Image attempts to mount AVI file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Hopefully this is an appropriate forum in which to post this. I have run into an interesting quirk with Mikinho’s Mount Image. On a select few AVI media files, when I attempt to launch them via 7MC Mount Image will first attempt to mount them as if they were ISO files. On second click the files play as expected. It’s not all AVI files, so it’s a strange situation. Has anyone else encountered this? I believe the files are XviD encoded.

I’m running:
    Windows 7 x64
    My Movies 4.01b6
    Mount Image 1.9

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Rob

htpc_user

Ummmm, I’m a little confused. Mount Image is supposed to be used to mount ISO files, or other image files. These can be DVD images or bluray images. If the files are Xvid then they shouldn’t have to use Mount Image.

mikinho

Did you play an ISO prior to the AVI? Can you provide a couple of example file names that trigger it?

mikinho

I just re-read that you are using MyMovies. If you have MyMovies you do not need to install or use Mount Image. It is for the native Video Library and Movie Library only. MyMovies, MediaBrowser, OML, etc. all have ISO mounting built-in.

Rob DiPietro

Michael:

First off, thank you for creating great tools. When you mentioned filenames I took a look at the files in question and tried renaming them to something more standard: s0Xe0X.avi. Still seemed to run into the issue where on first click Mount Image attempts to load them but on second they play fine in Media Center.

While I do have My Movies, I still use Mount Image via the Videos library on occasion. In this case I wasn’t trying to play an ISO prior to playing the avis.

It’s not really a big deal, just strange that on first click Mount Image gets fired off and on second things go as expected. Again, thanks!

-Rob

sihaz

hi rob

just want to back you up with this glitch – my system has just started doing the same thing. it’s not a deal breaker as the mounting facility is too useful not to have, but it’s a bit of a pain to have to open each file twice to get it to play.

cheers

si

jakobjkraft

I’m also experiencing the same glitch, which is unfortunately a deal breaker since it ruins the WAF (Wife Acceptance factor) of using it in Media Center.

The files are also in my general Videos folder, 720p mkv files. I click on them once, Mount Image tries to mount them, I click on them a second time, then they play.

The crazy thing is I have .mkv movie files in my ‘Movies’ folder also and Mount Image NEVER tries to mount those–ONLY the ones in my ‘Videos’ folder. So this is folder-related, somehow….

mikinho

Sorry about the delay, here you go: http://www.missingremote.com/forums/mount-image-112

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.