Monday 10:30am PST – What’s going on at TGB???

Home Forums Windows Media Center Monday 10:30am PST – What’s going on at TGB???

• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mcewinter.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anyone hear anything about the upgrade at TGB?   It sounded like we were to expect the new forums to be online by now.   Any word?   Anyone?   Bueller??

Mike Garcen

My guess is they probably ran a script over the weekend to convert the data and hit a snag. There’s a ton of content over there and stuff happens when you migrate a forum of that size.

But to answer your question, I haven’t heard anything…i’ll ping Pete

WhatHappend

When is the new site going to be ready?  I would thing MS would update the site with any issues?

swoon

Pete Brown just posted on TGB that they hit a snag and hope to be up by end of the day tomorrow.

WhatHappend

Still no TGB!

swoon

Still not the end of the day Pacific time either.

WhatHappend

I would say it is the end of the day now 8:34 PM CST or 6:34 PM CST

WhatHappend

New update from Pete with more delays and no new ETA…Frown

Anyone else wonder why they would choose to do this process over a holiday weekend??

It would have been real easy to practice the conversion on backup copies of the actual site and not attempted the conversion until the conversion on the backup was successful. 

skirge01

Not me.  For a small company, a holiday weekend is a great time for this, due to the extra days available and the lower impact on users, since many people will be less active on the site.

Also, I don’t know much about TGB, but I’d imagine they’re not raking in the money and thus unable to throw tons of it at resources and additional hardware, like a large company would do.  Then again, even if they did that, they could still run into problems.  No matter how much testing you do, it’s impossible to account for every situation.  Just ask Microsoft.  🙂

WhatHappend

George, You didn’t know TGB is owned by Microsoft?  

I would not call Microsoft a small company.  Microsoft has plenty of resources and has absolutely no reason for a botched conversion.

skirge01

ROFL!  Sealed  I’ve only been on the site a couple of times and that was a long time ago.  (EDIT:  Okay, I checked into it and MS bought them back in 2008, so I’m not QUITE as embarrassed now.)  As a SageTV user and someone who has never used WMC, I’ve never had a reason to go there unless someone directed me to for some reason.  You learn something every day.  So, I’m with you now…  seems like they screwed up.  😉

swoon

The Windows Experts Forum is now live. No more TGB.

Mike Garcen

TheGreenButton is dead. Long live TheRedButton?

So…should we keep that forum & name? 🙂

mcewinter

I think you should keep it, I like it here. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.