Media Center Screen Saver

Home Forums Windows Media Center Media Center Screen Saver

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have multiple HTPCs running Media Center and networked digital photo frames around my house.    For all of my PCs (HTPCs and others) and photo frames I like to have them show photos for the screen saver.   In Media Center, I select a certain network directory (on my Windows Home server) called “Screen Saver Photos” as my Favorites and tell all Media Centers to show favorite photos as the screen saver.

This all works as expected except that the Media Centers seem to lose this setting and revert back to the default Photo directory for some reason.

Has anyone experienced this and been able to make an alternate directory “stick”?

Thanks!

mikinho

I use this as well.  I have all of the Neographic Geographic photo collection as a screensaver.  It is sad, I think my wife and I spend more time looking at the different photos than any other media.

I have not experienced this issue myself.  It isn’t a fix but one thing you do is create a scheduled task set to launch when the user logs in that writes the registry value for the setting.

byronomo

sounds great in theory….but you’re giving me waaaay to much credit.  I wouldn’t know where to begin! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.