Kingston 64GB SSDNow V+ Series 2.5″ Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $64 AR

Home Forums Hot Deals Kingston 64GB SSDNow V+ Series 2.5″ Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $64 AR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

Saw this over at slickdeals http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2911987

Kingston 64GB SSDNow V+ Series 2.5″ Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $64 After Rebate.  At a $1 per GB after rebate, it’s about as cheap as SSD go.

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-64gb-ssdnow-v-series-2-5-internal-solid-state-drive-ssd/q/loc/101/213780106.html

Mike Garcen

i almost posted this myself! pretty sweet deal!

swoon

I’m always tempted by these deals on the smaller capacities, but I always want the 120GB Smile.

oliverredfox

[quote=swoon]

I’m always tempted by these deals on the smaller capacities, but I always want the 120GB Smile.

[/quote]

I still want a 120GB or bigger too =).  For now I’m living with my 32gb and 64gb(60gb technically).  I was a bit worried about the 32gb, but it holds enough to run a Windows 7 system along with a few key apps.  If I was running a laptop or single drive computer then both would be too small for me, but since both have 2TB+ of hard drives in them too it works out.  I got the 32gb on Black Friday for $30 and since then every SSD I see tempts me to add them to all my computers.

Here’s a 128gb one just for you: http://dealnews.com/Kingston-128-GB-SATA-3-Gbps-2.5-SSD-for-150-after-rebate-free-shipping/460736.html

swoon

Yes, if it is just the OS, 60GB is plenty. But, if you ever want to install games (and who wouldn’t want blazing fast load times from games), those 10GB+ games chew up the space quickly.

oliverredfox

Heh, yeah, they do eat space fast.  I’ve got LOTRO on the big SSD and it’s nice not having any lag going between zones.  I’d love it if was bigger so I could fit Portal 2 on there too.  Maybe in a year when the prices drop down to my impulse buy range.

mikinho

For a HTPC I think 60GB64GB is the sweet spot.  Anything smaller and at some point you’ll either have to sacrifice caching (page file, %ProgramData%, etc.) or do regular maintenance,

For a primary workstation I need 128GB or higher though.  Development kits and IDEs are huge.  With the bare minimal I need for work it is close to 52GB full and with a 60GB that just doesn’t give enough head room for Service Packs.

PAPutzback

$1 a gig is awesome. 

Below are the numbers from 2010 for the Kingston 64.

Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV425-S2/64GB

200/110

3/16 – 139.00

5/20 – 137.99

So the price has been cut by a little more than half in the last year and the speeds on the drive posted are 230/180. A little quicker for the value drive than the model from last year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.