Is there Clicker TV plug in for 7MC?

Home Forums Windows Media Center Is there Clicker TV plug in for 7MC?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I just did the boxee integration.  I love it.  Is there one for Clicker TV?

Mike Garcen

do they have their own 10′ interface? I always thought it was just a website, but i’ll admit i haven’t checked them out in a while

mikinho

I’ve got a plug-in that launches their site w/ IE.  It is remote friendly.  I’ll dig it up.  I had e-mailed them asking permission to use their logo for it and never heard back so put it off to the side.

SJMaye

[quote=mikinho]

I’ve got a plug-in that launches their site w/ IE.  It is remote friendly.  I’ll dig it up.  I had e-mailed them asking permission to use their logo for it and never heard back so put it off to the side.

[/quote]

I never tested it, but the Clicker interface appears to be designed for a remote.  Glad to hear a remote works. 

swoon

One way to get Clicker in WMC is via the Kylo browser.

SJMaye

[quote=swoon]

One way to get Clicker in WMC is via the Kylo browser.

[/quote]

I have Kylo, but won’t the remote function more like a mouse through Kylo? 

mikinho

[quote=SJMaye]

I have Kylo, but won’t the remote function more like a mouse through Kylo? 

[/quote]

Kylo isn’t remote friendly.  It is designed for “air” mouses like their The Ring and the GlideTV

SJMaye

If I use your media center plug-in will it function like anything else within media center?

patsully

Hi Michael, I work for Clicker. Hoping to touch base on your plug-in to learn how we can help! Shoot me an email at patrick at clicker.com when you have a moment.

SJMaye

[quote=Mike Garcen]

do they have their own 10′ interface? I always thought it was just a website, but i’ll admit i haven’t checked them out in a while

[/quote]

Hi Mike,

Did more experimentation.  Clicker does work with a remote, but I see some problems.  The remote switches columns on the display, but on my screen I cannot see which column is highlighted.  So it appears it was really still designed for a mouse and keyboard, but works with a remote by luck.  Next problem is when you go to watch a show it links out to the network site and your remote does not control the media viewer playing the program. 

As I recall I tried the Clicker plug in for Boxee and it did work OK.  However it did not get all the same content.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.