I navigated into the new green button and first impressions – not so good

Home Forums Windows Media Center I navigated into the new green button and first impressions – not so good

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by realcodeguy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wow, I gotta say, the new subforum/navigation/infrastrature of the new TGB is not very enticing.  Hopefully it’ll get better rather quickly because I can’t see my self using that site for much of anything anymore.

Not going to comment on what it means for the long-term future of Media Center except to say Microsoft seems to want to confuse everybody with this mishmash of concepts instead of build on what was arguably the friendliest and easiest to use “expert” solution ever created for the home.

Somebody over their lost out on the vision thing and whomever won is terrible…

Mike Garcen

I guarantee you this wasn’t a one man decision. I know there are lots of folks at Microsoft who love Media Center for what it has been and represented, and while change is tough, I just hate seeing thegreenbutton go away like that as well. Spent a long time over there…probably would never have arrived here at MR had it not been. Oh well, time to turn the page.

realcodeguy

It really does feel like MS is trying to squash the WMC community by doing this.  Because TGB was focused mainly on WMC, MS’s commitment to the platform was in the spotlight.  Now that it’s hidden in a generic Windows “Experts” community it’s easier to ignore and eventually phase out.  I hope I’m wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.