Here’s a Strange Problem

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Here’s a Strange Problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Last night I was watching a DVD on the HTPC (The Dukes of Hazzard Season 2) and I noticed that Bo and Luke looked a lot like St. Nick (rosy red cheeks; I noticed in other areas of the skin too as people would move their heads).  I don’t know what was up with that; I just figured it was because the original source is old or whatever.  I haven’t noticed any problem like that when viewing any other DVDs.  But I went in to the Setup of SageTV and decided to look at my available decoders.  Before I only had Cyberlink and Sage’s mpeg and DVD decoders.  Now with my new 2600xt in I have an ATI decoder as well.  I decided to change to the ATI decoder because I wanted to see what the picture quality was like.  After the change I started The Dukes up again.  But you know how when you start a DVD and it’s at its Main Menu…how you have your options like Play, Scene Selection, Special Features?  And how there’s always some kind of “highlighter” to show what option you’re on?  For The Dukes there was a star on each side of the word, so for example the play option looked like *Play*.  And as you move the arrows on the remote the stars go down to the next option.  But after the change when it was at the main menu, there was no kind of “highlight” on any of the options.  I didn’t know where I was at as far as selecting anything.  I wanted to go to Scene Selection, but I couldn’t.  I couldn’t even use the mouse.  Now at first I thought this was some kind of fluke, so I stopped playback and went back to Sage’s main menu.  Then I started it back.  It did the same thing.  Then I thought it was a fluke that I was going to have to restart the machine to get rid of.  But then I decided to switch the decoder back to Cyberlink’s.  When I started the DVD again there was my highlight for my options.  Now why in the world would ATI’s decoder make the highlight disappear??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.