HDMI issues?

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help HDMI issues?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have two issues which have arisen since I switched to a receiver with HDMI connections.

First, if we’re in the middle of watching a show (SageTV) and hit pause, after a short while (couple of minutes), the audio will not resume when we hit play.  I have to hit stop (twice, so the paused video goes away) and then hit play.  Everything will work fine again.. until the next “long” pause.  I thought I saw an HDCP handshake error once on the receiver when this happened, but maybe that was for something else.

Second, sometimes when I turn all my devices on (Harmony 890, so everything is automated), the TV will turn on, but the picture will have a red hue to everything.  A simple power cycle of the TV fixes this.

For the 2nd issue, I’ve tried delaying the point at which the TV turns on in the sequence of events, so I’m going to continue trying to increase that, but I haven’t found a number of milliseconds which works yet.

Any idea what might be causing this and, more importantly, how to fix them?

Andrew Van Til
    Keymaster

Are you running the latest drivers for your video card?  Are you using the latest rev of AC3Filter or the one that comes w/ Sage?

I was using the latest of both, but I’ll check if newer ones have come out.

Andrew Van Til
      Keymaster

You need to re-regsvr32 the new rev of ac3filter each time sage installs, so that might be part of the problem if you’ve been installing the betas.

Hmmm…  not sure about that one, but I’ll certainly give it a go, as well.  I’m not running the betas, but maybe I installed SageTV after AC3filter or something.  Actually, come to think of it, I believe I’m using ffdshow, rather than AC3filter.  So many things to check already.  🙂  Thanks for the ideas so far!

Andrew Van Til
        Keymaster

FWIW, I haven’t been able to make ffdshow work properly for TV (I use it for dvd and videos only).

I updated the video card drivers on Saturday and haven’t had any issues yet, but we also didn’t watch much TV over the weekend.  I’ll report back later this week.  I also confirmed that I’m using ffdshow for playback, not AC3filter.  Maybe the video card drivers were also causing the audio dropouts, though, since it was using the HDMI output on the ATI card.  That’d be nice if everything was fixed with a simple driver update!  🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.