Has anyone setup their cable box in a remote location and use IR emitters to con

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Has anyone setup their cable box in a remote location and use IR emitters to con

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Right now all I is SD tvs. And currently I have one cable box it is HD but that is the only way to get DVR functions, but it is connected via the coax out and I have to leave my tv on channel 3.

I think I could easily set this up in my basement in a rack and just plug it into the line going to the bedroom and leave that tv on 3. Basically just a longer cable. But the remote is the issue. I have seen articles on sending the IR signal thru the same coax as the video signal. But there are a few gadgets involved.

I also had a cat5 jack run along with the coax to the same room. So does anyone have experience with this setup. As far as the emitter goes is it better to go via the Cat5 or the coax. and which is more reliable.

I was hoping that I would find out that HD could be sent thru coax but so far my searches lead to running 3 coax lines for component video and running the audio seperately on the Cat5.

Any help would be appreciated. I don’t want to have a rats nest of hardware sitting by the tv if all I need is a IR receiver and then have the ability to see that video on any tv connected to the splitter.

Id really like to have a MCE box feeeding the video. But if someone is doing that perhaps they could start a new thread with instructions on how to do that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.