Guide: Sharing Ceton InfiniTV Tuners with Client HTPC Systems

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Guide: Sharing Ceton InfiniTV Tuners with Client HTPC Systems

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

I’ve got a new version done.  It is being tested, I’ll be able to post by the morning.

btw, PM me your e-mail and I can send it to test otherwise it will be up tomorrow.

mikinho
      Participant

Everyone that has sent me a PM w/ their e-mail should have received (sent about 2 minutes ago).  If you don’t get it soon please let me know (and check your spam folder).

Otherwise it will be on Missing Remote [s]within 2 hours[/s] sometime today (my meetings are going long.

Anonymous

[quote=”Mikinho”]
          I’ve got a new version done.  It is being tested, I’ll be able to post by the morning.

btw, PM me your e-mail and I can send it to test otherwise it will be up tomorrow.
          [/quote]

Mikinho,

Please confirm that in order for this to be put into action you need to either (1) be a beta-tester for Ceton, or (2) wait for Ceton to release the updated firmware.  The reason I ask is that if this is correct, I am surpised by the number of people currently interested in installing/testing your application.  I signed up for the original Ceton beta, but sadly was not chosen.  I also sent Ceton an email when news of the beta for tuner sharing came out, but I did not receive a response.

Thanks.

mikinho
          Participant

Yes you do need to be part of the beta program or wait for the public firmware.

If you are good w/ networking you can actually use the original firmware by setting up either all static IP addresses or creating a VLAN for the InfiniTV4 but I wouldn’t recommend it as it is not stable.

Edit: I realize what I said is somewhat contradictory.  The guide is only valid for beta program and for the pending public firmware.  The current firmware will not have the network configuration section but will have the network bridging dropdown.

Anonymous

I found what was blocking my IP traccfic, I just copied and repasted the rule in the inbound firewall settings. If the new download does not work I will paste the information needed.

mikinho
              Participant

Did you get it via e-mail yet to test?

mikinho
                Participant

btw. InfiniTV4 install guide outlines what firewall ports are needed–no guessing required.

[quote]
                  NameUDP/TCPPort RangeIn/Out
                  RTPUDP5001-5016IN
                  SSDPUDP1900IN/OUT
                  RTSPTCP554OUT
                  UPnPTCP2869IN/OUT
                  WMDRMUDP5757-5772OUT

[/quote]

Below is a cmd line I wrote to set them if my tools fails

[code]netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (UPnP-In)" dir=In Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=TCP LocalPort=2869 RemotePort=Any Edge=No action=Allow
                  netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (SSDP-In)" dir=In Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=UDP LocalPort=1900 RemotePort=Any Edge=No action=Allow
                  netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (RTP-In)" dir=In Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=UDP LocalPort=5001-5016 RemotePort=Any Edge=No action=Allow

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (WMDRM-Out)" Direction=Out Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=UDP LocalPort=Any RemotePort=5757-5772 Edge=No Action=Allow
                  netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (RTSP-Out)" Direction=Out Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=TCP LocalPort=Any RemotePort=554 Edge=No Action=Allow
                  netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (UPnP-Out)" Direction=Out Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=TCP LocalPort=Any RemotePort=2869 Edge=No Action=Allow
                  netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TV Tuner Device (SSDP-Out)" Direction=Out Profile=Private LocalIP=Any RemoteIP=Any Protocol=UDP LocalPort=Any RemotePort=1900 Edge=No Action=Allow[/code]

Note: My cmd line above only enables Private profile; the Ceton setup package will enable Private, Domain and Public

Anonymous

[quote=”Mikinho”]
                    [/quote]
                    No not I. Checked spam. I will try command line but can’t tonight.
                    Thanks for this!

Anonymous

[quote=”Mikinho”]
                      [/quote]

No, I checked my spam log and did not see it, so I figured I would go line by line and get it working. I am now streaming on one client and ready to try on another 2 machines. I will wait for you to post the new tool. The code you just posted is what I found to be blocking my traffic, even though it was set to allow it was not passing through.

mikinho
                      Participant

I’m heading home in about an hour and I’ll see why the e-mails w/ the beta version didn’t go through.  Thanks for the offer to help test.

Anonymous

Can the Ceton be installed in a Server 2008 r2 machine? This would be ideal to then be able to share it with a Windows 7 machine running under Hyper-v. Add WHS also runnign under Hyper-v to hold all the recordings and watch using extenders and I would have the perfect machine.

mikinho
                          Participant

[quote=”Jeff Griffin”]
                            Can the Ceton be installed in a Server 2008 r2 machine? This would be ideal to then be able to share it with a Windows 7 machine running under Hyper-v. Add WHS also runnign under Hyper-v to hold all the recordings and watch using extenders and I would have the perfect machine.
                            [/quote]

That is my current setup.

I’ll be posting a quick overview of my setup and network equipment soon (requested early in this thread I believe)

Since WHS Vail and Server 2008 are so similar, can the Centon card be installed in a Vail box with out running a virtual anything, and create the bridge between the NIC and the Centon card so it can be shared on the LAN, with out disrupting any of Vail’s WHS functionality?

myitguy

So I just joined the beta today and discovered the following:

1st- Network Discovery (Network and Sharing Center –> Advanced Sharing) is required to be enabled/on for sharing to work.  An indicator that this is turned off is when performing the OCUR discovery and the discovered settings remaining at “No”

2nd – I’ve setup my host to only have tuners 1, 3 & 4 enabled and my client to only have tuner 2 enabled but when I run the tuner setup in Media Center both machines see/detect 4 tuners.  I will wait on the updated software that I saw was mentioned before I do any indepth testing as watching TV on my client PC can cause a conflict/disable the tuners on my host pc.

As a note, the guide mentions changing the advanced setting on the driver page, I did not have this advanced tab available so I was unable to perform this step.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.